Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post

I don't like to live in the past, but we should all be playing by the same rules. Just keepin it real.
I think I've had my share of you on this forum. If you have a problem with me, or think I am playing unfairly, talk to me man to man.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #32
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:

Also after further Googling I don't think I was creating a generalization, of my own. Check for yourself, there is pages a mile long of people whos opinions and experiences shadow mine. .
No doubt. That doesn't mean that Christian bullying doesn't exist on the net in a big way.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #33
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
You say MOST Christians don't practice under fact but I'm a ten year old jerk who is asking for facts.
I did not say this. Please don't skew my words. I would NEVER in a billion years call anyone asking for facts a 10 year old jerk. Go back and re-read my post please. I said the opposite.

There are plenty of cases/forums on the net where Christians are mocked by folks acting like 10 year old jerks. That is exactly what I said. Please read it again.

If you are unable to read my words in the context they are provided, and respond intelligently to them, then it's going to take this thread down a very bad path.

Let it be known that I am not standing up for any religion in this thread, but rather making an honest analysis of what takes place online. It takes/took place here. When someone starts a prayer thread the mocking starts. I can name names of members I've had to ban over this issue, but won't.

I am not saying Christians are the only ones that are mocked. I am certainly not that ignorant. I will say though with 100% certainty that Christian bashing is commonplace on nearly every forum.

We will not tolerate any bashing. Religion is a personal thing. Crusades and horrors aside, hate will not occur here in any way, shape or form.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-24-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #34
JBrown
Brawn
Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Powerlifting
JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I did not say this. Please don't skew my words. I would NEVER in a billion years call anyone asking for facts a 10 year old jerk. Go back and re-read my post please. I said the opposite.

There are plenty of cases/forums on the net where Christians are mocked by folks acting like 10 year old jerks. That is exactly what I said. Please read it again.

If you are unable to read my words in the context they are provided, and respond intelligently to them, then it's going to take this thread down a very bad path.

Let it be known that I am not standing up for any religion in this thread, but rather making an honest analysis of what takes place online. It takes/took place here. When someone starts a prayer thread the mocking starts. I can name names of members I've had to ban over this issue, but won't.

I am not saying Christians are the only ones that are mocked. I am certainly not that ignorant. I will say though with 100% certainty that Christian bashing is commonplace on nearly every forum.

We will not tolerate any bashing. Religion is a personal thing. Crusades and horrors aside, hate will not occur here in any way, shape or form.
I went back an reread your amended post. I do apologize, it is much more clear now you were not directing those comments at me. You don't deserve being made out as a villain. You're absolutely right and I am wrong.
JBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #35
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
That's my point. Christians, moreso, than others have tendency to get touchy when they're questioned.
It's hard to have a "fact-based" conversation with someone asking for empirical proof when the topic is "faith-based" on divinity that is beyond empiricism (and to most, is the source that created what is interpreted "scientifically").

I'm a christian but this isn't an argument against you or anyone, just stating that people are speaking in different languages here when they argue from either POV.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #36
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
That's my point. Christians, moreso, than others have tendency to get touchy when they're questioned.

I have to say mate, you are actually in effect doing exactly the same thing as the Tommy Robinson in the video.

You can't just lump every christian together like that.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #37
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
I hear this a lot. Makes for a good quote, but it isn't as black and white as you think.

Once in a while, I see a person's religion/nationality being "assumed" because of his/her race. Has happened quite a few times to me. Not all the time mind you, or even most of the times, but just a few times.

Here's how the conversation went (typically) in those few cases.

New person: "So, you must be from Pakistan?"
Me: "No, I am from India"
New person: "Ok, but you ARE a muslim, aren't you?"

Similarly, I have seen folks in India who assume Caucasian = Christian. Witnessed a situation where a tourist from Germany asked for directions to go to a "place of worship". He was promptly given directions to the nearest church (he clarified that he wanted to see a traditional temple and the evening prayers, and then got the right directions).

Now, these type of situations are not offensive or racist - but this illustrates the point I am trying to make. Quite a few people tag a religion on to you because of your race. When stereotyping gets vindictive, it is easy to see how race and religion gets intertwined to come off looking racist.

Semantically, of course, you are correct

Great Post.

In the video though, Robinson states he disagrees with the Islamic teachings and the Koran.

His gripe is clearly religion based, and he isn't actually saying anything thats racist.

I don't think the people arguing with him are getting at what your getting at.

I think they're just acting the high and mighty trying to make themselves feel righteous by arguing with someone who's beliefs and motives they know nothing about.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #38
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Not ALL religious people are violent, but it is a sad matter of fact that there's enough lunatics in every religion who are. Every religion. I repeat, every religion.

Nail on the head.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #39
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
I have three directives per Jesus:

Love the Lord, my God with all my heart and soul.
Love my neighbor as myself.
Go forth and share the good news with all the nations -

(He said I was responible for sharing it- not forcing anyone to believe it. )

I believe Catholicism and religion in general in its purest form like this is a wonderful thing.

You live by Jesus' teachings, then hell, youv'e cracked it!

However, I do believe there is ALLOT of corruption in the Catholic church.
(I highlight o the catholic church because its the topic of conversation here, Of course heres a ton of corruption in other religions too.)

The pope is a man who shares his prayers for those who are affected by poverty, all while holding a cross made of solid gold and sitting in a throne within a practically priceless temple. In 2011 the pope claimed that Christmas has become too commercial , and criticised those who use "gold glitter" (tinsel).

A tad hypocritical don't you think?

I believe men have corrupted the faith and turned it into the opposite of what it should be.

Like I said, you guys here have it covered, faith should be a personal thing, not something to be dictated.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #40
Bronco
Cool Guy
Brawn
Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Chicken
Bronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributor

We've flattened their fingers, we've branded their buns, nothing is working...send in the nuns!
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote