Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #21
themaster2981
Max Brawn
Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Exp: 3 years serious
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: All
Fav Supp: Desi Ghee
themaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beast

Sad to see that this discussion has turned into a typical male-female battlefield. Most of us here are adults who have seen some life and have attained maturity.

I am 32 years old male and I have had mixed experiences with women. I did lose my faith in relationships and remained single for few years. But life intervened and I got my soul mate just in time. I am proud to have her and she is proud to have me. Our relationship now is good 7 years old, we got married about 2 years back.

Fact of the matter is, if she/ he is a soul mate no one can stop her/ him to come in your life. To find that out, both genders would have several opportunities to pass a suitable judgment.

My advice to people is not to rush with a relationship, control your emotions/ drives at least in the beginning, and get to know each other well. Most importantly, do not remember any previous bad experience in a relationship you may have had and link to the current relationship. Analyze things independently and then decide.

Good Luck.

My 1000th post was for a good reason I guess.

"Move me out of the away so that someone else can lift": Ed Coan after injuring himself during a squat attempt of 970 lbs in 2002

POWERLIFTING - ABSOLUTE POWER
themaster2981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
If you're life is this terrible you should pull the trigger and put everyone out of your misery.
We don't act this way here.

Just because Saxon had a bad experience with women doesn't mean we condemn him to hell and tell him to shoot himself. He has a right to share his opinion even if it pisses us off.

Disagreeing is fine, but attacking posters is not. You act this way again on this forum and I will not hesitate to ban you. Not a threat.

I am not sure what his intent is with the "practice misogyny towards women" comment. I assumed it wasn't malevolent. I've met plenty of hurting old buggers in my life who shared similar words but wished no literal ill will upon women.

I have no interest in speaking for him. Ask him what he means. I certainly do not share his sentiments.

But I swear upon Crom's resolve if you 2 men take this thread deeper into the shitter the flushing will commence.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-10-2013 at 01:47 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #23
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

The saddest part is always that some people generalise about the opposite gender, in terms of being let down and then call them all the names under the sun (both genders do it, sadly) but they omit to realise that their own gender has crossed them badly in some way in the past, and that's pretty much guaranteed for all of us to have experienced, and yet they won't put their own gender down as a whole...IMO, that doesn't cut it, people are people, good and bad within each gender, within each race etc.

For the OP though, I think ElementalVirago covered the flirty telltale signs, so I don't need to
Old 07-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #24
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
The saddest part is always that some people generalise about the opposite gender, in terms of being let down and then call them all the names under the sun (both genders do it, sadly) but they omit to realise that their own gender has crossed them badly in some way in the past, and that's pretty much guaranteed for all of us to have experienced, and yet they won't put their own gender down as a whole...IMO, that doesn't cut it, people are people, good and bad within each gender, within each race etc.

Nail on head.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobesLCFC View Post
I'm not sure whether this sort of thing fits the category for "General" but here goes. What are the tell-tale signs that a girl is interested in you? I had a girlfriend but she dumped me and now I've sort of forgotten about all that stuff and focused on lifting.
Tough question.

The only thing I can share is that the first half of my life I spent a lot of time analyzing women, and never quite figured things out. I never could understand who liked me, who I should pursue, and who would laugh at my advances.

About my mid to late 20s I just focused on relaxing and having fun, talking to them naturally, not caring if I was rejected, and asking out those I was interested in. This made my life easier. I stopped taking myself so seriously.

I guess I realized they might not know either, so I focused on fun and asking them out. A lot of times you knew on the first date things weren't right. No harm, no foul.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-10-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #26
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Unhappy

I only examined the question from the Male viewpoint.

In my opinion, women would be better off to avoid courtship as well.

My Father—Who was a very great man—was the rarest kind of exception—as was my mother.

They complemented each other perfectly and helped each other a great deal.

This is the rarest sort of exception...

Think not? Look at the Divorce Rate.

And a Divorce is like a Tornado:

Someone is going to lose their Trailer in either case.

I said, "Cultivate Misogyny" because it will be damned hard to fight down the Sex Urge.

If you can convince yourself that the Object of Your desire is Undesirable, you are ahead of the game.

When Jesus told his disciples that the only legitimate reason for Divorce was Marital Infidelity...

The Disciples muttered amongst themselves and said:

"That being the case, a man would be well advised to never marry."

Jesus said:

"Excellent advice, but everyone cannot follow it."

Geeze,

I said that a young man would be wise to suppress his sex drive and spend his money on Guns, Knive, Hunting and Fishing trips and nice Trucks or Vans...

And maybe a 15 to 50 acre Farm in the country somewhere.

I am of Irish descent—and Irishmen are noted to often delay courtship and Marriage until their late 30's into their 50's...

There are exceptions, and no one knows why the Irish tend toward this...

But it does have the effect of keeping the population down {even though most marry a woman still capable of child-bearing, even if she's younger than her husband...}

No one takes my advice, but imagine if significant numbers of young men put off dating until their 30's and 40's and were financially secure before they even thought of Marriage...

I believe it would have rather positive effects.

Its not like I suggested doing anything Cruel and Unusual to Women...

Unless you intend to argue that ignoring them is Cruel and Unusual.

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #27
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonViolence View Post
I only examined the question from the Male viewpoint.

In my opinion, women would be better off to avoid courtship as well.

My Father—Who was a very great man—was the rarest kind of exception—as was my mother.

They complemented each other perfectly and helped each other a great deal.

This is the rarest sort of exception...

Think not? Look at the Divorce Rate.

And a Divorce is like a Tornado:

Someone is going to lose their Trailer in either case.

I said, "Cultivate Misogyny" because it will be damned hard to fight down the Sex Urge.

If you can convince yourself that the Object of Your desire is Undesirable, you are ahead of the game.

When Jesus told his disciples that the only legitimate reason for Divorce was Marital Infidelity...

The Disciples muttered amongst themselves and said:

"That being the case, a man would be well advised to never marry."

Jesus said:

"Excellent advice, but everyone cannot follow it."

Geeze,

I said that a young man would be wise to suppress his sex drive and spend his money on Guns, Knive, Hunting and Fishing trips and nice Trucks or Vans...

And maybe a 15 to 50 acre Farm in the country somewhere.

I am of Irish descent—and Irishmen are noted to often delay courtship and Marriage until their late 30's into their 50's...

There are exceptions, and no one knows why the Irish tend toward this...

But it does have the effect of keeping the population down {even though most marry a woman still capable of child-bearing, even if she's younger than her husband...}

No one takes my advice, but imagine if significant numbers of young men put off dating until their 30's and 40's and were financially secure before they even thought of Marriage...

I believe it would have rather positive effects.

Its not like I suggested doing anything Cruel and Unusual to Women...

Unless you intend to argue that ignoring them is Cruel and Unusual.

Saxon Violence
I am prety sure it was the "Cultivate Misogyny" remark that pissed everyone off.
Two points here:

A. Mysagony is typicaly defined as a hatered of or a prejudice, towards females.

B. Jesus said that is was bettter that a man not marry but he also said to love one another. He was exceptionally kind to women. This was of great importance (the culture at that time was for the most part, mysagonistic )

Therfore, I am pretty sure ( forgive my humble opinion) that Jesus should not be used to justify any statement that encourages hate or prejudice. i.e. mysogany

That being said - I think ( and hope) you may have just misused the word.

As for relationship advice- Just ask - at worst she says no- you go home alone. That's all I got
Old 07-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #28
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor

Well, I'm sure that the Pop Psychologists have it at least Partly Wrong with their:

"Mars" and "Venus" Bullspritz...

But I do hold the Intuitive, Non-Linear, "Hint-Don't-Ask", non-verbal "Venus" mode of thinking in contempt.

I dislike everything that smacks of "Right-Brainedness".

From Wikipedia:

In feminist theory, misogyny is a negative attitude towards women as a group, and so need not fully determine a misogynist's attitude towards each individual woman. The fact that someone holds misogynist views may not prevent him or her from having positive relationships with some women. Conversely, simply having negative relationships with some women does not necessarily mean someone holds misogynistic views. The term, like most negative descriptions of attitudes, is applied to a wide variety of behaviors and attitudes.

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #30
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
i like women.
X2
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote