Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #21
Chillen
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

To add from my other post: Personally I dont care what anyone chooses to call or classify what I do under the iron or with diet: I am the one that decides this myself. Period.

Peace and happiness to all of you each and everyday!

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
Ryano
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

I have competed in countless meets in "Bench Only" division. I've broken numerous World Records and held an All time Record for almost three years, but to some, I'm still a "glorified gym rat". Hahhahaaaaa
Old 07-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #23
JBrown
Brawn

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

It might help if the word professional is incorporated when appropriate.

Like football player or professional football player.

Simple fix IMO
JBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #24
Gorship
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 1-2 altogether.
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: DeadLift
Fav Supp: Creatine + Beta Alanine.
Gorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributorGorship is a dedicated contributor

Hm interesting thoughts. thanks.
Gorship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #25
1morerep
Max Brawn

1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast

Update???

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
In 3 hrs and 5 minutes, I will start my second powerlifting meet......I AM a powerlifter!

540/385/515 (previous meet)

http://www.metalmilitia-va.com/

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go!!!

1MOREREP 2014
1morerep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #26
1morerep
Max Brawn

1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast

Of course because you don't compete in all 3 events...

...just kidding....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
I have competed in countless meets in "Bench Only" division. I've broken numerous World Records and held an All time Record for almost three years, but to some, I'm still a "glorified gym rat". Hahhahaaaaa

540/385/515 (previous meet)

http://www.metalmilitia-va.com/

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go!!!

1MOREREP 2014
1morerep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Ah now Brutus, isn't there the faintest whiff of snobbery about all this?The only change I noticed after I competed was that I went on and on about it to anyone who would listen, and then referred to myself as a competitive powerlifter to distinguish myself from the riff-raff.

If you disagree, I still love you.
There's all kinds of snobbery. This is one of those things that I think there is plenty of room to disagree on and still have a good time.

I also see a double standard in my own thinking, where I don't consider a person a strongman unless they have that little plastic card that says NAS on it and have competed, but I was exceedingly bitter that I was discriminated against in the workforce because I didn't have some stupid piece of paper that said "Bachelors of Science". Its all about ME baby!

But seriously, I don't have a major problem with people calling themselves things. Competing gives me purpose and direction, so its a big deal to me. To those who don't get the same charge, it shouldn't be a major concern and I certainly won't lord it over them. At least not too much.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #28
Davis
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 1 day
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

I don't really call myself anything. I barely talk about lifting to another person unless I sometimes lift with them (I usually lift alone) or if someone asks me about it.

That said, I am of the thought that if you call yourself a powerlifter or a bodybuilder, you should actually do those things. Some people generalize powerlifters as guys who merely do heavy weights for low reps and body builders as guys who do somewhat heavy weights for higher reps. While both are true in a big way, they are not completely true. Until you've stepped on the stage or platform, you are neither, in my opinion. You're just a guy who lifts weights.

That said, I guess you could argue that a person body builds regardless of how they train so long as they're training to build their body up. However, I still stand by my argument that a body builder is a person who does actually compete in body building.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #29
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Coming from the viewpoint of someone who hasn't competed yet, I refuse to call myself a powerlifter. I train the powerlifts, I plan on competing asap, I look forward to the cameraderie. Circumstances don't allow me to be an actual powerlifter.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #30
gaspers04
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Well for once I agree 100% with Tann. Mark that one down for the records please.

I miss training on a regular basis, its called life and prior commitments to responsibility, iron time is secondary. But yet with little prep I probably can compete competitively at most meets. I just dont feel the urge to dump money into a fed to prove myself amongst my peers. I suppose Im just a recreational lifter, so be it..........

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote