Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Government get out of my life thread (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426)

BendtheBar 12-06-2009 09:42 AM

Government get out of my life thread

The new prohormone ban brings up one of my favorite issues...the government's over-regulation of our lives.

In what areas of life/litigation/legislation do you feel the government should back off and give us more freedom?

BendtheBar 12-06-2009 09:47 AM

This is someone on this board - a friend of mine - who left his child with his mother for several days. The child got dehydrated, and was taken to the ER. The hospital was forced to report the incident to social services.

The child was taken away from the family. They are in court fighting it.

These people are decent people. The government is incapable of applying common sense, and therefore, social services should have a huge portion of it's powers snipped at the balls.

BendtheBar 12-06-2009 09:55 AM

And how much influence do the insurance companies have upon legislation? If they had their way, they would have every aspect of your life regulated so you would be a lower death risk factor, and they could maximize profits.

I wonder if the pressure on the smoking industry comes from insurance companies?

kman025 12-06-2009 10:02 AM

better watch out. the govt. will come and shut this site down ;)

my opinion on the govt- they get into what is not their business. they dont do enough for what they need to involve themselves in.

I will admit regulating a HUGE country may be kind of hard ;), but it'd be easier if the people doing it weren't corrupt dicks.

glwanabe 12-06-2009 10:17 AM

The only thing the Federal gov't shoudl be involved in is National Defense.

The States are sovereign, and should keep there power, not the Federal Govt.

big valsalva 12-06-2009 11:07 AM

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Plain and simple folks. The government should be limited to putting out fires and keeping bad guys away. I don't think there's anything in there about vitamins, or printing money.

tim 12-06-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 13795)
This is someone on this board - a friend of mine - who left his child with his mother for several days. The child got dehydrated, and was taken to the ER. The hospital was forced to report the incident to social services.

The child was taken away from the family. They are in court fighting it.

These people are decent people. The government is incapable of applying common sense, and therefore, social services should have a huge portion of it's powers snipped at the balls.

Hugely agree there bb :thefinger: