Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
tomgurl
New Brawn
Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

tomgurl is off to a good starttomgurl is off to a good starttomgurl is off to a good start
Default How do people do it?

How do people afford all they have and still have kids? I know of one family that has 2 kids in daycare and just had their 3rd child today. They just moved into a brand new house and both mom and dad drive nice vehicles. I know for a fact that right now they are paying over $300 a week on daycare. Plus then, even if the vehicles are paid off, they would still have a house payment, and then all the bills and all. How are people affording to have kids when they have new houses and vehicles?
tomgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

They worked hard and got good jobs and cut expenses elsewhere because they love children?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

It's a matter of prioritizing things; we don't eat out all the time, we don't go to the movies every week, we don't have to have the latest fashions or fancy haircuts, and we don't spend money frivolously.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Thats what my mum n dad say too.

The art of balancing costs.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

I you wait until you can afford them, to have kids....you will never have them!!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I ran my last car for 18 years. It was a Geo Metro. 50 MPG. I have no cell phone. I have no gym membership.

I also found ways to make more money on the net.

You trust in your ability to make due, and just have them.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

We have 4 kids, 2 dogs and 6 horses. We live in a 3 room appartment, drive an old ass car that needs service constantly. Mrs is working hours (not employed) in elderly care and I go to school and work as a bouncer on the weekends and doing some minor construction work whenever im off school and gets the oportunity.

Nothing is impossible, If me and my woman had done the right things and got into university in our youths and got good jobs we would have been able to afford this without cutting down on anything. Now we eat cheap and dont have enough to go to trips and so on, but thats due to we having kind of expensive personal hobbies both of us. She has her horses, I have my strength sports career. Without us having that we would have had leftover money every month =)
Old 07-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
_J_
Chalk Rebel
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine

I agree with the above, but there are other possibilities as to how they afford these things.

They could easily be in debt up to their eyeballs. My wife's former boss has 2 kids, 2 new cars, and her and her spouse both have decent jobs. Turns out, they were constantly maxing out credit cards, had a house foreclosed on, and had declared bankruptcy at least once. Theirs was a financial house of cards that finally fell down.

Or they could be receiving hidden financial aid. A life long friend's parents retired and gave him their BIG house. You'd be surprised what you can afford when you don't have a mortgage/rent payment. A couple of my former friends (30's, had a baby) lived in a nice neighborhood, drove nice late-model cars, had the latest clothes & electronics, etc., yet both had jobs that paid $10/hour. His mother, who married a well-to-do Austin lawyer, got them into that house, paid many of their bills until they were nearly 30 years old, gave them a car, constantly sends them money and gift cards. His plan in life is to wait until his mom and sted-dad die--no need to work hard.

It happens. Though, I will echo the sentiments that if you wait to have kids until you can afford them, you won't have any (I still have no kids, but we're trying.)
_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote