Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
susieQ
Brawn
Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

susieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributor
Default Saw this on FB

Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr's office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.

This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage.

If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar/rapist won't stick around. After a few seconds, all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

P.S. I am sending this to everyone I know because I think it is fantastic. Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone. My Mom has suggested to my Dad that he carry his car keys with him in case he falls outside and she doesn't hear him. He can activate the car alarm and then she'll know there's a problem.

This may save a life!
susieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
JBrown
Brawn
Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieQ View Post
Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr's office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.

This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage.

If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar/rapist won't stick around. After a few seconds, all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

P.S. I am sending this to everyone I know because I think it is fantastic. Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone. My Mom has suggested to my Dad that he carry his car keys with him in case he falls outside and she doesn't hear him. He can activate the car alarm and then she'll know there's a problem.

This may save a life!

haha Glock 17 with two 15 round clips is left on my bed stand at night while I'm sleeping. I like to leave the door open. If anyone unwelcome comes in they will kindly get what they deserve
JBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

My doors are locked to protect them, not me.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

My car remote doesn't reach outside the house

Id rather sound a car alarm than shoot someone, although I do have my Winchester with me just in case.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
JBrown
Brawn

JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
My car remote doesn't reach outside the house

Id rather sound a car alarm than shoot someone, although I do have my Winchester with me just in case.
But it's been hot in my neck of the woods and no A/C
Old 06-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
haha Glock 17 with two 15 round clips is left on my bed stand at night while I'm sleeping. I like to leave the door open. If anyone unwelcome comes in they will kindly get what they deserve
Just fyi , in some jurisdictions if you don't lock doors,windows,gates,etc it is looked upon by the court as neglecting to take reasonable precautions to prevent an intruder and will contribute to a self defense case being tried as man slaughter.
Also they are 15 round magazines, not clips.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
JBrown
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Just fyi , in some jurisdictions if you don't lock doors,windows,gates,etc it is looked upon by the court as neglecting to take reasonable precautions to prevent an intruder and will contribute to a self defense case being tried as man slaughter.

Thanks for the info, Bigjosh, but LOL I'm pretty sure I can leave my window raised whenever I want.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
tracker
New Brawn
Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5 Points: 251, Level: 5
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

tracker has made some good poststracker has made some good poststracker has made some good poststracker has made some good poststracker has made some good poststracker has made some good poststracker has made some good poststracker has made some good poststracker has made some good poststracker has made some good poststracker has made some good posts

This is a good idea though for those that can not defend themselves. Such as the elderly and others that are not in shape enough to put up a fight.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Not in Florida...

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #10
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
This is a good idea though for those that can not defend themselves. Such as the elderly and others that are not in shape enough to put up a fight.
Possibly not just them.

Consider that BnE criminals will often have anyone on the inside at a disadvantage, especially if said residents are asleep, or even groggy, etc.

So they might well have the advantage already. "Those that can not defend themselves" could as easily be reinterpreted, realistically, as "those who might not be able to effectively defend themselves and/or their loved ones".

I think that, for a lot of people, this idea is a good one. And there should be other fundamental security procedures followed, of course. Also, tightening the security of the dwelling wouldn't hurt, if there is any reason for considerable concern (e.g., a neighbourhood that's a bit dodgy).