Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
This is a good idea though for those that can not defend themselves. Such as the elderly and others that are not in shape enough to put up a fight.
Why fight? If they broke into your house and you fear for your life, a firearm isn't hard to use. Unless you live in a natzi country or your state has a senseless "duty to retreat" law.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #12
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

^ Also that. If you have access, and know how to use one, it's probably the most pragmatic option, for just about anyone, regardless of sex, age, fitness, etc.

Generally, those who speak casually about the advantages of getting into fights... don't know what the hell they're talking about. Or, are so incredibly hardcore and badass, that Bruce Lee is shivering in his grave, lol.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #13
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
^ Also that. If you have access, and know how to use one, it's probably the most pragmatic option, for just about anyone, regardless of sex, age, fitness, etc.

Generally, those who speak casually about the advantages of getting into fights... don't know what the hell they're talking about. Or, are so incredibly hardcore and badass, that Bruce Lee is shivering in his grave, lol.
Yep. I worked for a guy who didn't have locks because he wanted to throw a knife at anybody who came in.

Susie's thread may have been derailed? Its not a bad idea at all to sound an alarm, get attention if you have neighbors. That shouldn't be anyones only line of defence.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #14
storm1507
Max Brawn
Points: 5,137, Level: 45 Points: 5,137, Level: 45 Points: 5,137, Level: 45
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Con-Cret :D
storm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machine

Did someone say Winchester? I collect old Winchester stuff.

My best defense....a huge arse hill for my driveway that people have to walk/drive up. Plus, it is well known that my wife and I are very well versed on how to use a firearm.
storm1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #15
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Remington 870 loaded with buck & ball will welcome any intruders to my domain.
Trevor Lane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

I have two house dogs over 100 Pounds and a very wired-up Rat Terrier that sleeps curled on the bed up by my legs.

I leave my front door unlocked—mostly because by bedtime I'm too weary to get up and lock it.

My 4" Ruger Redhawk (in .45 Colt—with Stag Grips) also sleeps beside me...

And while I've never got as high a Polish on him as I'd like, he suffices for mundane chores.

Saxon Violence
Attached Images

SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

No cars, just kettlebells here...any intruder better be ready for an unexpected Home Alone KB Stairway Special Here, catch this 28kg!!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #18
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

^ Oof. That wouldn't tickle!