Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start
Default RickB's Whatever thread.....again

Back by unpopular demand ;D

This is my M&B Twitter-type thread. Feel free to comment. It will be random stuff.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
RickB
Max Brawn

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Since this is fresh on my brain....I'll start with this.

WHY must a lesbian say men are yucky? I'm not even gay bashing here AT ALL! I'm just thinking, if a lesbian states that, wouldn't she be glad that her mother didn't feel the same...otherwise she woudln't exist. Right?

Below, Nicole (an old friend of my wife's) is a lesbian, but I don't have a problem with her post. Only Ms. Tucker's post.

I posted something like this between Ms Tucker's two comments but I deleted it: "If it weren't for boys, you wouldn't exist".

[shakes head]

I am VERY hetero...LOL, but I dont' find men yucky. Is she just trying to reassure herself? Or just tooting her lesbian horn? I don't know
Old 07-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

This seems like common practice for many in that community. I had a lesbian author friend and she wasn't like that, but maybe she was being polite. I think it may be a form of self-validation.

I'm not anti-lesbian - in fact, I encourage lesbians to congregate in my house - but I do think it's human nature to find some self-validation when you have some part of your character that is outside of social norms.

Or then again, maybe I;m thinking too mu

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
RickB
Max Brawn

To me, it's just disrespectful. To her father, and surely she has at least one male friend. What about Nicole's friends. Shouldn't say things like that imo. I don't mean to come across as overly-sensitive, but really. I don't post on facebook that women are yummy or guys are yucky....even though I think some women are yummy LOL!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good point Rick. I hadn't consider the respect aspect. How old is she?

Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
RickB
Max Brawn

OK, since I'm on the spray foam insulation mode. I'm also thinking of an "on demand" water heater to replace the hot water tank that emits heat that is noticeable in the summertime. The hallway that goes to the Master BR has a closet that it sits in. You can feel the heat coming out of the closet when you walk by.

Also, I think it will save on our gas bill especially in the winter since it keeps the water hot even when we aren't using it. And since our boys both take long showers, there won't be any down-time for waiting for more hot water. Win win!

And as a bonus, I think we might get new carpet or laminate/wood flooring in the boys' room and their hallway. What we have is in great shape but out of date and not very boy-like.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Just curious, but are outdoor wood burning furnaces popular down there? Half my neighbors have them.

http://www.centralboiler.com/

Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

We're strongly considering an outdoor furnace. We could run the furnace off towards our woods. It appears we could save about $80 a month after financing and wood.

We have a fireplace in our living room, and it's the same deal as the indoor stove...it's so blasted hot that we can't use it. We spend most of our time in the living room.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #9
RickB
Max Brawn

No not furnaces. But indoor wood stoves are popular. Bad thing about those is, it can make a decent sized house comfortable, but if you are in the same room as the wood stove, it might melt your face off.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
RickB
Max Brawn

Installed a soft-sided 4' x 18' round pool for the boys. OK, I'll get in it too!

It's filling now and maybe 2 hrs away from being full.