Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #21
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

I dreamed of escaping to Rhodesia if the Soviets conquered America—or the Anti-Gun Nuts or whoever.

Then Rhodesia fell to the Communists.

South Africa was nowhere near the Utopia that Rhodesia was.

The Rhodesian Government got a bad rep, but wasn't Racists—or at least, not much.

South Africa was, with their Apartheid. They also had some stricter Gun Laws than Rhodesia—No full Auto, for instance.

I wouldn't have wanted to live in South Africa if I was Black, but I'm not.

But then South Africa fell to the Marxists as well.

{Mandela was/is (is he dead yet?) an avowed Marxist. It just isnt Politikally Korrect to say so...}

Now I'm old and don't know where I'd go to.

I used to dream about going someplace exotic to live when I was young.

Now I realize that leaving kith and kin behind would have taken a strength of character that I probably lacked even as a young man.

I have a sister, a distant (geographically) cousin and three wonderful dogs. That is all the kin that I have left...

But I wouldn't leave them behind to become King of some 3rd world nation if they couldn't come with me.

Rather be here with my kind in Indiana and too dirt poor to afford all the carbonated water that I'd like to drink (at 99 cents per two-liter).

It is now 4:53 Central daylight saving time:

Have you done your duty to God and Your Country and Cursed The Metric System At Least Once Today?

Don't let a day slip by!!!

No Australia or New Zealand would be Bang-Up places to live, for someone who could get around...

Except their Gun Restrictions are even more Pig-Headed that the ones here—and that is saying something!!!

Although we seem to be the one-eye astigmatic near-sighted dude with cataracts, in the Kingdom of the Blind so for as Gun freedoms go.

Have you visited Eastern Kentucky?

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
JBrown
Brawn
Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonViolence View Post
I dreamed of escaping to Rhodesia if the Soviets conquered America—or the Anti-Gun Nuts or whoever.

Then Rhodesia fell to the Communists.

South Africa was nowhere near the Utopia that Rhodesia was.

The Rhodesian Government got a bad rep, but wasn't Racists—or at least, not much.

South Africa was, with their Apartheid. They also had some stricter Gun Laws than Rhodesia—No full Auto, for instance.

I wouldn't have wanted to live in South Africa if I was Black, but I'm not.

But then South Africa fell to the Marxists as well.

{Mandela was/is (is he dead yet?) an avowed Marxist. It just isnt Politikally Korrect to say so...}

Now I'm old and don't know where I'd go to.

I used to dream about going someplace exotic to live when I was young.

Now I realize that leaving kith and kin behind would have taken a strength of character that I probably lacked even as a young man.

I have a sister, a distant (geographically) cousin and three wonderful dogs. That is all the kin that I have left...

But I wouldn't leave them behind to become King of some 3rd world nation if they couldn't come with me.

Rather be here with my kind in Indiana and too dirt poor to afford all the carbonated water that I'd like to drink (at 99 cents per two-liter).

Have you done your duty to God and Your Country and Cursed The Metric System At Least Once Today?

No Australia or New Zealand would be Bang-Up places to live, for someone who could get around...

Except their Gun Restrictions are even more Pig-Headed that the ones here—and that is saying something!!!

Although we seem to be the one-eye astigmatic near-sighted dude with cataracts, in the Kingdom of the Blind so for as Gun freedoms go.

Have you visited Eastern Kentucky?

Saxon Violence
Cool! I've been waiting for this one. I simply love your such creative posts. Often I become lost towards the middle...and then bang, you bring your point home in the end. Brilliant stuff, Old Dude

In bold, above, is the reason I have not left yet. Like you, I too am not brave enough to leave friends and family behind. Even with Dear by my side. I will not do it until the plan is complete, and The Plan will include them Dad is/was my best friend. He's 86 years strong. He deserves to see his only boys. Mom, Brother and I is all he's really ever had. And the honor of being a still living WW2 veteran. You know only 8% or so are left

No. I have only passed through Kentucky.

Last edited by JBrown; 06-27-2013 at 05:49 PM.
JBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #23
JBrown
Brawn
Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

Ok Ya'll, this is stupid but I'm going to broadcast on the internet to share this hidden gem with you nice folks. Somebody said only a handful of people on this planet are aware that it exists. This is between us and the walls Seriously though, PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE. My kindest regards.

Punta Final, Baja Mexico, on the Sea of Cortez.

Still a lot of investigating to do. Apparently a U.S. developer built every house there. What you see in the videos is the entire town
JBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:13 AM   #24
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

^^^Now that is something worthwhile.

What about the DR? Or Isle of Crete (I hear in the islands the authorities don't give a damn. Carry a gun, just keep it on the low)

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #25
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:

Yep, they're both excellent places to live (in general), and I'm pretty much unbiased in saying so - I tend to be quite critical of every country / society, and more so if anything of the one I'm in at any given time. Also, I have visited a few other countries over the years, and have friends and family all over the place.

I agree about dem guns, however. The laws here are very restrictive, and if that bothers someone, look elsewhere, for sure.

Often, I think that people will find that if they look around at various parts of the country they're living in, they could easily find an area that's very nice of live in. Some parts of the USA, definitely. Likewise, some parts of Australia, or New Zealand. Canada, too. And so on.

Really gotta know the country, whether it's where you've lived for the most part, or not.

Last edited by Dray; 06-28-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #26
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Or Isle of Crete (I hear in the islands the authorities don't give a damn. Carry a gun, just keep it on the low)
Crete as in Greece? They are in absolute economic meltdown at the moment:

Thousands protest against Greek government's austerity measures - Europe - World - The Independent

Quote:
In exchange for €200bn (£170bn) of loans from the EU and the International Monetary Fund, Greece has instituted a series of painful tax hikes, wage cuts and financial reforms in an effort to put its house in order. But the measures proscribed by its lenders have pushed unemployment to 27.2 per cent - Europe's highest - and the country is now battling its fifth year of recession

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley

Last edited by Tannhauser; 06-28-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #27
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100

Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Often, I think that people will find that if they look around at various parts of the country they're living in, they could easily find an area that's very nice of live in. Some parts of the USA, definitely. Likewise, some parts of Australia, or New Zealand. Canada, too. And so on.

Really gotta know the country, whether it's where you've lived for the most part, or not.
The 'quality of life surveys' are always interesting. There are all sorts of things wrong with them (and many miss out less developed countries), but they get you thinking:

Quality-of-life Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guess what country comes top? I didn't!

Ireland!

Old 06-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #28
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Ireland!
Huh.

Actually a country I've thought about visiting (have done so for the rest of the UK), but that still is a bit surprising.

Singapore above the US, as well? Er, I guess...
Old 06-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #29
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Quote:

Saxon Violence
You old Luddite

The metric system rocks. It's so easy and logical and amenable to calculations. Quick, what's the volume of an 'average' slim built man? OK, say 70kg @ 0.98 g/cm cubed gives 68,600 cm cubed or 0.0686 metres cubed. Easy, and I didn't even have to get my slide rule out. Now do the same calculation in Imperial...

Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #30
Excel
New Brawn
Points: 1,733, Level: 24 Points: 1,733, Level: 24 Points: 1,733, Level: 24

Excel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good postsExcel has made some very good posts

Volume of an 'average' slim-built man would be 75-80 decibels, perhaps 110 decibels when angry. ;-)
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote