Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Henry Cavill refused to take Steroids for Man of Steel (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14012)

BigJosh 06-11-2013 10:15 AM

Henry Cavill refused to take Steroids for Man of Steel

Quote:

Playing a superhero isn't just laughing your way to the bank. Henry Cavill spoke to USA Weekend in detail about the immense physical effort and discipline that goes into a role like this, specially Superman, the biggest, buffest and greatest Superhero of them all.

On why it was important to him to transform his body
It was a big responsibility. It was very important to represent the character’s physicality in the right way. I was living and breathing Superman. I just wanted to do this right.

On being impressed with his own transformation
I have shrunk down to a more normal size now. You should have seen me then. I was considerably bigger. There are a couple of shots of me that I think, ‘My goodness. I was definitely a large chap.'

On avoiding steroids to achieve his physique
(Mark Twight) asked, ‘Would you like to use steroids or HGH (human growth hormone) to get to where you want to go?’ I immediately said no. And he said, ‘Good. Because if you did, I wouldn’t train you.’ To take a shortcut to get to that place is not what Superman represents. That was important to me.

On would he be ready to again train so hard for the sequel
Absolutely. Yes, it was hard work. Yes, there were points I thought I couldn’t do it. But you can do it. And I did.

Henry Cavill refused to take Steroids for MAN OF STEEL

Discuss....

Off Road 06-11-2013 10:26 AM

No-one ever lies about taking steroids. . .
I'm not saying that he's lying, just that I don't believe 80% of what comes out of those Hollywood types. . .

SeventySeven 06-11-2013 10:27 AM

I dont believe Steroids to really be a "shortcut". You have to work immensely hard to get the benefits they arent magic. Yes you recover faster but you also need to eat enough and train hard enough.
The whole enhanced/natural debate is silly. Alas media garbage about steroid use has plagued the minds of general public. I only oppose steroid use if you trying to compete with drug free athletes.

Off Road 06-11-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventySeven (Post 373639)
I dont believe Steroids to really be a "shortcut".

Not a shortcut? It reduces the time it takes to get to your natural ceiling and will take you beyond that point of your natural potential. How is THAT not a shortcut?

Soldier 06-11-2013 10:47 AM

What's so bad about a shortcut? It means you can get somewhere in less time. How is that a BAD thing?

"There's a million dollars in a paper bag 10 miles across town. You can take the main road, or you can take this shortcut I..."

"No. I don't believe in shortcuts. It's the LONG way for me."

Bill 06-11-2013 10:59 AM

if i was 6'1, i wouldn't need roids to get to a lean 215lbs either.

Squatter 06-11-2013 11:10 AM

I never judge anybody wrt anything let alone roids. To me its a non-issue.

ElementalVirago 06-11-2013 11:36 AM

Taylor Lautner put on 30 pounds of muscle in 6 months for Twilight sequel. How? "A lot of hard work. Eating, working out a lot of stuff."

A lot of "stuff". Yeah. That's what I thought. Just say it, man!

I don't know why people get so hung up on this. Live and let live.

SaxonViolence 06-11-2013 12:23 PM

I don't much care—

I don't think any less of anyone for taking Steroids.

I do think less of people who unjustly Diss Steroids...

But his rant was rather mild...

But it cost him (a very few points) with me.

Actually, if it turned out that he did use them, and only dissed them to help his cover story...

I'd be cool with that :dunno2:

Saxon Violence

Taylor Lautner: Is that one of the Guys or the Girl?

If she put on 30 Pounds of Ripped Muscle, I'd have to watch that one...

SecondsOut 06-11-2013 12:28 PM

well the thing that's most unfair about gear is that it's not available to everyone. you have to have special connex to even get it and you need special knowledge to use it. you can get advice on lifting, nutrition, and supplementation, but no one will help you find or use gear. you pretty much have to already know someone personally who uses it. to me, that's the real reason it's cheating, not because of the enhancements.