Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
(Mark Twight) asked, ‘Would you like to use steroids or HGH (human growth hormone) to get to where you want to go?’ I immediately said no. And he said, ‘Good. Because if you did, I wouldn’t train you.’
So Mark Twight was testing his new high-profile high-value client.

I bet it went down more like this:

Mark: So...Henry, would you like to use steroids or HGH to get where you want to go?'

Henry [horrified]: No, of course not.

Mark [disconcerted]: Yes...yes, of course. [Thinks quickly] What's that cat doing?

[Henry turns around to look. Mark quickly stuffs the package he has been holding back into his gym bag]

Henry: What cat?

Mark [smoothes hair and composes himself]: Oh, it's gone now. But I'm glad you said no. You see, I was testing you. If you had said 'yes', I could never have trained you.

[has sudden brainwave] Now, I've got some extra-special vitamins you're going to be taking...

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

They might not be magic, but even a minor dose can add 10 pounds easy to someone who uses them correctly under the right trainer. That is a lot of muscle.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #23
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
They might not be magic, but even a minor dose can add 10 pounds easy to someone who uses them correctly under the right trainer. That is a lot of muscle.
5 lbs to go then!!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #24
Bronco
Cool Guy
Brawn
Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Supp: Chicken
Bronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
sounds great to me.
i just don't want my nards to shrink.
so count me out.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #25
IainK
Max Brawn
Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25

Training Exp: 20
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Hard work in a can
IainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machine

I am perfectly happy for an actor to take gear. Seeing as he dosn't have kryptonian physiology to look the part, or able to generate huge energy fields within his alien cellular structure (extending an inch or so beyond his body too) he can get all the help he needs
Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #26
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainK View Post
able to generate huge energy fields within his alien cellular structure (extending an inch or so beyond his body too)
Nyah nyah, Iain is a comics nerd

I know stuff like that too.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #27
IainK
Max Brawn
Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25

Training Exp: 20
Fav Supp: Hard work in a can
IainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machine

lol

As I always say before bed!

In brightest day, in darkest night, let no evil escape my sight. Let those who worship evils might before my power green lanterns light!!! So far no luck

Mind you I am more of Marvel dude than DC. They recon their universe to much for my liking.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #28
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74

Training Exp: not enough
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
well the thing that's most unfair about gear is that it's not available to everyone. you have to have special connex to even get it and you need special knowledge to use it. you can get advice on lifting, nutrition, and supplementation, but no one will help you find or use gear. you pretty much have to already know someone personally who uses it. to me, that's the real reason it's cheating, not because of the enhancements.
That may be true for high end stuff that pro BBers use, but in some places you can practically buy testosterone like it was any other Rx at the pharmacy. All legit.

Also, a basic protocol could be one shot and a couple pills per week... similar but less than you would do for insulin shots or Lipitor, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
Most guys I know that look for the "shortcut" when it comes to steroids are looking to get more results with less effort.
When you get old enough, it's often to get any results with maximum effort!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #29
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
It is readily available to anyone, more so now then ever before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
That may be true for high end stuff that pro BBers use, but in some places you can practically buy testosterone like it was any other Rx at the pharmacy. All legit.
well did you ever consider that you're part of the sub-set of people who don't have problems getting/using it lol? sorry, but i've never met anyone who was willing to talk about using or obtaining. not at the gym and not on the internet.
my point was that it's not so readily available that you can go to GNC to pick it up and then just read the "directions" on the side of the box. you do need to have connex. it's not something that literally anyone can use at any time they see fit.
i'm not anti-steroids, i'm just against them in pro sports and only because they're not over-the-counter for anyone who wants to use them. it's a secret that has to be kept from others, and that makes it unfair.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #30
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
well did you ever consider that you're part of the sub-set of people who don't have problems getting/using it lol? sorry, but i've never met anyone who was willing to talk about using or obtaining. not at the gym and not on the internet.
my point was that it's not so readily available that you can go to GNC to pick it up and then just read the "directions" on the side of the box. you do need to have connex. it's not something that literally anyone can use at any time they see fit.
i'm not anti-steroids, i'm just against them in pro sports and only because they're not over-the-counter for anyone who wants to use them. it's a secret that has to be kept from others, and that makes it unfair.
No its not at GNC nor the closest Pharmacy. And no Im not part of a sub-set of people with connections. If you look around and do your homework ,acquisition of the said product can be readily attained alone without any dark alley encounters. Im not pro or con, just stating a fact of the discussion.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote