Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Not a shortcut? It reduces the time it takes to get to your natural ceiling and will take you beyond that point of your natural potential. How is THAT not a shortcut?
Most guys I know that look for the "shortcut" when it comes to steroids are looking to get more results with less effort.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
What's so bad about a shortcut?
I didn't say if it was good or bad, simply that it was a shortcut.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonViolence View Post

Taylor Lautner: Is that one of the Guys or the Girl?

If she put on 30 Pounds of Ripped Muscle, I'd have to watch that one...
It's a guy, the werewolf dude. If the chick did that I'd have to kill her out of sheer jealous rage.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
Most guys I know that look for the "shortcut" when it comes to steroids are looking to get more results with less effort.
Those are the same people that resort to liposuction or stomach staples instead of learning how to eat and exercise.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #15
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I will remain silent. Peace

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
well the thing that's most unfair about gear is that it's not available to everyone. you have to have special connex to even get it and you need special knowledge to use it. you can get advice on lifting, nutrition, and supplementation, but no one will help you find or use gear. you pretty much have to already know someone personally who uses it. to me, that's the real reason it's cheating, not because of the enhancements.
It is readily available to anyone, more so now then ever before.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Those are the same people that resort to liposuction or stomach staples instead of learning how to eat and exercise.
I think this is a good point but I'm sure the counter argument would be that many of those people need it to save their life and can't wait for a long term solution. The lipo people not so much, more talking about the staples/bypass surgery.

You could also argue that people who dye their hair or wear makeup or get breast/butt implants are "cheating" in a way. That's why it bothers me when people get on their high horse about steroids, HGH, supplements in general. To me, it's all the same thing, it's just the the general public has been conditioned by the media to think it's different because of OH GOD ROID RAGE! Pfft.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

If you are going to play the role of a superhero originally stared in a comic book, I god damn expect you to take steroids! You should not be a lean 215, you should be a shredded 300!

:-)
Old 06-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #19
Off Road
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
If you are going to play the role of a superhero originally stared in a comic book, I god damn expect you to take steroids! You should not be a lean 215, you should be a shredded 300!

:-)
haha, I like that!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #20
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

I just wish there could be more transparency (actually, total transparency) regarding steroids and other PEDs. Not to mention, legality - make them legal. And MUCH, MUCH better testing (i.e., genuinely effective testing) for those federations of sports that wish to be known, in fact, as "natural" (and that wish to BE natural).

Apparently, there's a new bodybuilding federation (or whatever you call it) that sounds promising that way - random testing at all kinds of times, or so I heard. Good stuff. This might finally give those who prefer to stay "natural" an actual chance to compete.

It would be great to see the same thing for powerlifting and strongman (I just mean, an alternative to the current options, not a replacement or anything drastic like that).

Apart from anything else, it'd be really interesting to see just what we are capable of as human beings, without PEDs, etc.

As for movies, advertising and things like that, again, honesty would be appreciated. Not least because guys can get the wrong idea, and be devastatingly let down by the reality, when they discover that...