Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #31
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Incidentally, there is an idea that could be considered 'conspiracy' that I do subscribe to. It's the idea of disaster capitalism and the influence of the Chicago school of business, as set out by Naomi Klein in her book The Shock Doctrine. Now that really is extraordinarily well-researched.
Yeah, I've read about that too.

Quote:
So, against my better judgement, I've just looked at the docs, read about 'Operation Northwood' and watched the vid until it crashed. So, put me right on this if I've got it wrong: the assertion is that (1) JFK was killed for going soft on Cuba and opposition to covert operations and (2) 9/11 was the execution of a long-concealed plan. Right?
Yes, thats the theory. I never said that ws fact, or even that I belive it, but I think its a possibility.

Let's go with the JFK thing a second.

Sigh.

Quote:
1) Military organisations engage in all sorts of speculative plans. Read Jeremy Paxman's book on chemical and biological warfare.
Read it twice

Quote:
One idea was to inject Hitler's food with oestrogens so that he would become more feminine and hence look ridiculous. Seriously. But there's a difference between proposing a plan and getting it accepted.
But thats the whole point. That the government wanted to do this.

2) Correlation and causation error. What you have are two observations:

Quote:
A: JFK opposed secret dealings, including Operation Northwoods
B: Kennedy was assassinated.

The assertion is that A caused B. But hang on. Kennedy also opposed the Federal Reserve, halting sales of their silver reserves. Maybe they offed him! Incredibly, there's another conspiracy theory that says just that. Or maybe it was the mafia, because the FACTS show they were involved in his election.

You say you deal only in facts, but as suspected, these are disparate facts connected only with speculation and absolutely no evidence.
Re-read my last post.

Thats the point I've been trying to make this whole time!

I stick to the facts, and then think of the possibilities of what could have happened as a result to those facts.

My point is that the facts present you with evidence that theres something dodgy going on. You can then look at what could have happened, and read into some of these theories and make you own judgment.

This is the whole reason as to why I don't take much intrest in conspiracy theories, becasue we'll never know what really happened in these situations.

I take more notice of what we do know that the government do. (putting crap in our food, planning to fake terrorist attacks, going to war for natural resources etc

If you say it can't be just coincidence, I'm calling the police.

Quote:
For some reason, loads of people find it hard to believe that ultra-famous people die for the same reasons that every one does. Marilyn was assassinated, Hitler didn't die in a bunker, Diana's car crash was engineered. And JFK couldn't possibly have been assassinated by a lone nut-job

Yes, and those are all theories. Which is why I advocate looking at the facts to make our judgments.

Quote:
Because he was too famous to die that way, the cause wasn't grandiose enough.
I see your point, but thats similar to the whole 9/11 thing.

"oh no, the government would never fake a terrorist attack to go to war!"

Well, there again is how the facts come in...We see they were already planning to do the same thing 60 years ago.

Quote:
The video was even worse than expected. It simply juxtaposes a bunch of stuff with no attempt at a coherent argument.

Can I have that hour of my life back please?
I don't know what video you watched, but that wasn't what I linked you to.

That video you watched will have been focused on the theory.

I presented you with the official documents. Fact. I never asked you to go and watch an hour video on what might have happened.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #32
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

I just want to here about 5kg's alien. Serious.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #33
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Again, there are so many of these weird little hoaxes, going all the way back to Piltdown Man. Previous generations were taken in by fake mermaids, now it's aliens. Each generation has its Steven Greer, very intelligent men who dealt only in facts. Apparently. By the way, he was the producer of the program from which the extract was taken. Every year there's a new alien.

Pity Steven Greer didn't reveal the DNA findings of the expert he employed:
Come on. Look at it. Does it really look human to you? It has a fin coming out of its skull for christ sake!

Quote:
Note that he doesn't think the unusual characteristics are alien. It's definitely human DNA.

See here: The full story
What the hell?

Steven Greer dedicated his career to declaring aliens real.

The DNA results showed that the DNA wasn't of anything they've seen before.

Looking at the scans it quite clearly not human.

How could you think that?! LOOK AT IT

Old 06-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #34
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn
Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red Meat
OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

I've never seen anyone have a revaluation by opposed information exchanged leading to a change in their viewpoint, at best it may plant a seed.
There are patterns of thought in both viewpoints that have flaws. Having an open mind is complimented by one that's closed & vise versa, egos kept in chains.

I've never seen or experienced anything that would constitute being classified as Alien contact.

Having said that lets look at the odds appealing to a statistician's perspective. All the reports/claims ever made of a UFO sighting/experience are false.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #35
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMorePlate View Post
I've never seen anyone have a revaluation by opposed information exchanged leading to a change in their viewpoint, at best it may plant a seed.
There are patterns of thought in both viewpoints that have flaws. Having an open mind is complimented by one that's closed & vise versa, egos kept in chains.

I've never seen or experienced anything that would constitute being classified as Alien contact.

Having said that lets look at the odds appealing to a statistician's perspective. All the reports/claims ever made of a UFO sighting/experience are false.
That's very true, at most it tends to lead to closed stances on both sides which isn't good for anyone. Though, it's understandable that people will not entertain it, if they haven't experienced anything of that nature...and vice versa why people that have will feel passionate about it...the ones that are passionate (over the top) about it yet have never seen anything confuse me. Personally, I prefer to remain low key, then again, I have nothing to prove and have no desire to convince anyone, one way or the other...and odd as it may seem, I'm still sceptical of other stories, given what I saw.

The bit I l always find strange is why most (if not all) sightings, which appear to be the norm for all the cases discussed, look anywhere near human...discernible eyes, mouths, limbs etc.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #36
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

My dad was driving home on a night once when he saw a metallic aircraft shaped object in the sky. It was hovering high in the sky, and then it suddenly shot off into the distance.

A few seconds after, my dad saw a green ball of light approaching his car behind him. It got closer and closer until it passed through him and his car and disappeared.

The engine cut out, and everything turned cold, the windows started to frost up immediately.

He got home shaking and had to write down what happened because he couldn't talk (which he could barley do because he was shaking so much)

When he saw this thing in the sky, he stopped the car and fimed it with his phone, the video cuts out as this green ball approaches behind him.

Weird stuff, alien or not. I've never seen my dad as scared, it was weird.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #37
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

About the aliens again.

My personal opinion is that they defiantly exist. No doubt.

Given the size of the universe, its highly doubtful, and frankly very closed minded to believe we are the only form of life.

I do believe that the government know aliens exist already too, and is yet another thing they keep secret from us.

I've seen weird things in the sky myself, and as has most of my family.

One of which was featured in a UFO sightings book, the whole street saw it.

Weather it was an extra terrestrial craft, I don't know, but I'd like to think so
Old 06-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #38
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Coffee
AF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributor

Hey LG18, I have seen the little alien mummies before and I can't remember where I saw it, but it was found that it was actually a small mummified child.A test concluded that it had lived to the age of 6, yet for some reason never fully grew. It's still a puzzle, but not one from out of this world.

I would find the source material on it right now, but i'm exhausted from work.

Also I think its funny JFK got mentioned. My grandfather was one of the first accused of shooting him. He lived in the area and had the skill set in which to do it.

Take it all with a grain of salt. Don't buy into anything without proof of a scientific background. There are plenty of things out there that can sound like fact at first, but fall apart with further scrutiny.
AF-Iron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #39
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post

I don't know what video you watched, but that wasn't what I linked you to.

That video you watched will have been focused on the theory.

I presented you with the official documents. Fact. I never asked you to go and watch an hour video on what might have happened.
I watched the video embedded on MAB, which I think was entitled 'The real reason JFK was shot', or something like that. I didn't watch a half an hour video. The process of reading Northwoods stuff, watching the video and replying took an hour, or probably more.

The video, once again, didn't propose a theory - it's just a bunch of stuff.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #40
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I watched the video embedded on MAB, which I think was entitled 'The real reason JFK was shot', or something like that. I didn't watch a half an hour video. The process of reading Northwoods stuff, watching the video and replying took an hour, or probably more.

The video, once again, didn't propose a theory - it's just a bunch of stuff.
What about the northwood papers themselves? You must've found those dodgy?