Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

UFO conspiracy hearing boosted by former congressmen and senator | World news | guardian.co.uk

Quote:
Five former US congressmen and one former senator have been paid $20,000 each to lend credibility to the event, which calls on the government to release supposed secret documents showing alien incursions dating back decades.
But bear in mind that The Guardian are part of the mainstream media and therefore under the control of The Illuminati. Etc, etc.

Announcement: to any conference organisers out there reading this. I am currently available to listen to a bunch of recycled conspiracy theories for $20,000. I promise not to ask any probing questions and to keep a straight face.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #12
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
UFO conspiracy hearing boosted by former congressmen and senator | World news | guardian.co.uk

But bear in mind that The Guardian are part of the mainstream media and therefore under the control of The Illuminati. Etc, etc.

Announcement: to any conference organisers out there reading this. I am currently available to listen to a bunch of recycled conspiracy theories for $20,000. I promise not to ask any probing questions and to keep a straight face.
Me too, I sit next to Tann

PS: and could you make it GBP 20,000 instead.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #13
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100

Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Me too, I sit next to Tann

PS: and could you make it GBP 20,000 instead.
OK, we'll split the fee.

I like the UFO people - like all oddball theorists, they're very committed, incredibly earnest and impenetrable to normal logic. But there's something especially naively charming about them.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
OK, we'll split the fee.

I like the UFO people - like all oddball theorists, they're very committed, incredibly earnest and impenetrable to normal logic. But there's something especially naively charming about them.
I think it's very shortsighted to think there is no other life in this massive universe. My thoughts are do they actually have the capabilities to visit us. They would have to have an understanding of physics beyond ours obviously.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #15
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
I think it's very shortsighted to think there is no other life in this massive universe. My thoughts are do they actually have the capabilities to visit us. They would have to have an understanding of physics beyond ours obviously.
That's a classic straw-man argument used by UFO disclosure enthusiasts. What you're doing is conflating several different claims. There is a huge, huge difference between these three propositions:

1) There is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe

2) We have been visited by alien intelligent life

3) Evidence of these visits has been suppressed by governments.

I strongly support (1), think that (2) is a vanishingly small possibility and suggest that (3) is paranoid nonsense.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
AF-Iron
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25 Points: 1,828, Level: 25
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Coffee
AF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributorAF-Iron is a dedicated contributor

Im from the department of the Air Force and am now monitoring this thread.

Just playing. I dont buy into most of the conspiracies and most other nonsense that gets spread. I do believe there is life out there, im just not convinced they are here, or involved with our world to any real degree.

Also dont buy into everything you hear from higher ups in the military and government. I work with officers all day, and let me tell you, they do some stupid stuff. Like putting on the flight helmet they have worn for years, backwards or wrong. Stupid people do go up in rank and even reasonably intelligent people can say things they have no idea about without realizing it. Dont drink the koolaide
AF-Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
This "comic con" was full of ex four star generals, former intelligent agency personal high ranked politicians, scientists and doctors. I think there is a chance of the validity of the information.

Owned...
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:

I agree. I think that its shortsighted to dismiss allot of these conspiracy theories.

People are quick to call them crazy, yet they have no idea of the research thats gone into them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm by no means a conspiracy theorist, I always stick to facts when I say I believe something.

I'm very quick to turn on the BS filter because there is allot of complete crap out there, but the problem is that this nonsense is put under the other umbrella, as the well researched and factual ideas.

Take the supposed Illuminati for example. While there are still talented architects to this day who can prove the physical impossibilities of the twin towers falling the way the government said

While there are people who have been researching the bilderberg group for years, many of whom have been shot at and killed

While there are scientist showing us what's really going into our food, who have dedicated years of research to prove that its killing us, there are a ton of other people looking for triangles and satanic symbols in music videos, saying that most singers and rappers are worshipers of satan....

This crap about devil worship is the stuff thats picked up on by the media, and if you ask people, is likely the only thing they've heard about the "illuminati", so then everybody who has facts proving what the government are doing and mentions the real illuminati, or a one world government, everybody thinks theory a crack pot conspiracy theorist who's into the devil worship stuff.

You can't deny facts.

Heres one fact. Operation North wood.

OPERATION NORTHWOODS: US PLANNED FAKE TERROR ATTACKS ON CITIZENS TO CREATE SUPPORT FOR CUBAN WAR

Click the link. Then click on the pictures to see the scans of the documents.

They're official government documents from march 13th 1962.

Operation north wood in a nut shell, was the the code name for a plan drawn up by the top members of the US government (no, that doesn't include the president), to carry out fake terrorist attacks, blame it on Cuba and Castro to cause a war.

To their frustration Kennedy denied it and said there was no way he would authorize a fake attack on his country.

soon after he published this speech.

It was his last one he ever made, and it [pretty much exposed the corruption he was un knowingly part of, after he realized how evil the people he was working for we're. He was killed shortly after...

So to all the people that say "oh, the government would never knock down the twin towers, thats crazy!"...Theres your proof. They we're going to do the same thing 50 years ago.

1963- Create a false terrorist attack, bomb the US, blame it on Castro, start a war, reep the benefits of the war machine.

2001- Create a false terrorist attack, bomb the US, blame it on Bin Ladin, start a war, reep the benefits of the war machine.

Read the documents, watch the speech, and then tell me I'm crazy.

There's more to these "theories" than you think.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-12-2013 at 11:49 AM.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

It's also scientifically impossible for a bumblebee to fly...but they do...just saying...

It's also probably almost impossible odds for someone to hit a bar of peanut brittle just once and have the entire thing shatter into fine dust...but somehow I managed it...we needed straws afterwards

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 06-12-2013 at 11:40 AM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #20
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Linden - There are so many incorrect assertions, non sequiturs and logical errors in your post that I literally wouldn't know where to start with it.

Here's an example in the very first line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I agree. I think that its shortsighted to dismiss allot of these conspiracy theories.
OK, by quoting Seventy-Seven, and then saying you agree that it's short-sighted to dismiss conspiracy theories, you're making exactly the same straw-man argument he did. Once again, disbelieving that there is a conspiracy to suppress evidence about aliens does not imply a disbelief in aliens. It's not a difficult distinction.

With regard to research: I became interested in conspiracy theories around 1978 (about 18 years before you were born ) and I've been reading about them and other fringe beliefs since then. I would like to think I do have some awareness of the research behind these ideas. My overall view is that the quality of that research is usually incredibly poor. Of course, this varies depending on which fringe belief we're talking about, but generally speaking, they are laughably naive. There is a great deal of uncritical acceptance of eye-witness testimony, and a lot of 'but he was a trained [whatever] and emeritus professor of blah blah blah.' And a dearth of physical evidence.

The latter problem is dealt with by suggesting that if there is no evidence, that's because it's been hidden from us. It's what the philosopher Karl Popper called an unfalsifiable hypothesis: you can't ever win arguing with a conspiracy theorist because an absence of evidence is still seen as evidence.

I think what lies behind conspiracy theories are two things. Firstly, a basic need to believe in something shadowy and mysterious, that is beyond the world of mortgages and other mundane crap that constitutes adult life. The other is the sense of having a key to a secret knowledge, a truth that other people don't have access to. It must be fun, I guess, to think that other people are sleepwalking through their lives. I'm sure these feelings don't apply to every conspiracy theorist, but I believe it's part of the general appeal of these ideas.

Quote:
Read the documents, watch the speech, and then tell me I'm crazy
You're not crazy, that was a joke. You're just mistaken (in my view). I'm not going to read the documents or watch the video, because as interesting as I find this stuff, I have seen it all before, and many times. Conspiracy theorists are at least environmentally-friendly, because they recycle the same crap year after year after year.

Incidentally, you might enjoy Jon Ronson's Them, which describes his time spent with Bilderberg chasers, arch nut-job Alex Jones, and others.

Last edited by Tannhauser; 06-12-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: to make sense