Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #4211
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Olympic weightlifter on the Biggest Loser.
i presume that is the USA one? are they on as a contestant??
terrible shame if so......

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #4212
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
i presume that is the USA one? are they on as a contestant??
terrible shame if so......
Yes. Her name is Emily Joy. She is on the right here. The had videos of her doing snatches and her form made us look silly.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #4213
markievicz
Max Brawn

markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

see i dont understand how someone can go from one extreem to the other...
my wife loves this show - i guess ill be seeing it soon enough!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #4214
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I have experienced it myself. In the military everything was structured - when to get up, when to eat, how much exercise we had. It was had not to stay lean. When I got out I ate the same but my exercise dropped off.

I think a lot of these top level athletes go through the same thing.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #4215
markievicz
Max Brawn

Quote:
I have experienced it myself. In the military everything was structured - when to get up, when to eat, how much exercise we had. It was had not to stay lean. When I got out I ate the same but my exercise dropped off.

interesting to see it from another side, i would have thought that if you are structured like that for years then it would be just normal and natural to continue on as you have been for years.

i never thought about it like you have said before....i suppose that makes sense also

Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #4216
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

It does speak for the importance of structure/having a plan. Going to bed at a certain time, eating at a certain time, exercise at a certain time no matter what.

I can see why people who have no plan tend to fail.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #4217
markievicz
Max Brawn

Quote:
It does speak for the importance of structure/having a plan. Going to bed at a certain time, eating at a certain time, exercise at a certain time no matter what..
i am a def beliver in this!

Quote:
I can see why people who have no plan tend to fail.
fail to prepare , prepare to fail !

Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #4218
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:

Its not too far off what happened to me. I had a job loading trucks for 12 hours a day and would eat whenever I could, stayed overweight, but not by too much. Once I got a desk job, I jumped 90 pounds in 18 months. I'll be honest, I didn't understand why my clothes were getting tighter until one day I bought a scale just to see. I wasnt a top level athlete by any means, but exercise and limited chances to eat kept me healthy, on my own I was an eating machine.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #4219
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Its not too far off what happened to me. I had a job loading trucks for 12 hours a day and would eat whenever I could, stayed overweight, but not by too much. Once I got a desk job, I jumped 90 pounds in 18 months. I'll be honest, I didn't understand why my clothes were getting tighter until one day I bought a scale just to see. I wasnt a top level athlete by any means, but exercise and limited chances to eat kept me healthy, on my own I was an eating machine.
I experienced a bit of this the last 2 years. I was a machinist and my days were 8 hour HIIT sessions...loading, lifting, moving fast. I could eat whatever I wanted.

Moving to a job where I was sitting I now have fits losing weight, and it's incredibly easy to gain weight.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #4220
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Two part story...

#1. Don't be jealous BtB, but I went and ordered a new Man Chair yesterday. I finally ended up at Lazy Boy and they have such a huge selection. It was quite the eye opener working with a sales woman that actually knew about chairs. She got me fitted into a chair that just felt freakin' awesome. I never knew chairs could feel so different.

#2. In the files of "you Know You're a Lifter When"...
When fitting me for a new Man Chair, the sales woman mentioned that I had a very long torso. The only thing that flashed through my mind was, "No wonder I suck at Deadlifts."
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote