Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #11
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

In all seriousness, I wouldn't change too much. My cousin won millions (and millions) in the California lottery and he didn't change too much. He upgraded his house, he upgraded his house boat, he's paying for his daughters' colleges, and that's about it. He still drives the same car, lives in the same [nice] neighborhood, and even continued working for several years. He invested the money and is living comfortable. Smart guy.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #12
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I'd take the 3 mil I'd have left after taxes, and invest 2 mil of it with an extremely diverse portfolio, probably 40% in steady growth, low risk stocks, 40% in mutual funds and 20% in higher risk stocks.

I'd complete the rest of my contract with uncle Sam, then never work again. After I'm done with my contract I would invest in restaurant franchises. I'd oversee the construction, but once they were up and running they wouldn't see me much. While I'm still in I would invest in houses that I could get a deal on, then have a property management company take over and sit back and let the rent money flow in.

I'd buy a house for myself that's more garage than house, because I'd have quite a few cars and a massive home gym with a monolift and tons of other goodies.

After all my businesses are up and running by themselves, I'd get a sick RV and travel. Mostly in the mountains. By the time I died I would have turned that 3 mil into 7+, and my family would bet set.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Build a HUGE home gym, and hire JB to be my personnal trainer after he moves down here.

Take a short cab ride, 2-3 dollar fare, give the cabbie a Ben Franklin and tell him to keep the change...(always wanted to do that)

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #14
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

HMMMmmnn...

For five Million, I see a very inclusive Home Workshop along with a really nice Home Gym in my future.

Five Million—Very Nice—but it is not the kind of money that you could throw around too much without ending up broke again.

One of the Lotteries was up to $600 Million the other day.

Now that's more like it!

My sister thought that it was worth telling me, when she came across it Serendipitously that Oprah Winfrey has 18.5 Billion Dollars.

I'm definitely not a Fan.

I never met the Woman and wish her no ill...

But if she'd pass away and leave me that 18.5 Billion...

That's what I like to Day-Dream about.

I'd open a Firearms Factory and Produce Guns that I've always wanted to see...

And hey, if I have to sell them at a loss, and I hemorrhage away $10 or $15 Million a year...

Who really cares?

My money would still outlive me.

I'd give a Billion to the JPFO—With two minor Strings:

They start their own magazine for members;

And,

I get to insert my own editorial every month, on the months that I choose to.

Sponsor strength contests with ridiculous prize money.

For instance:

A two day contest consisting of the Three Powerlifts And the Two Olympic Lifts—Determined by combined totals...

With a pay-off something like $500 000 1st; $300 000 2nd; $100 000 3rd; $50 000 4th and $30 000 5th in each weight class.

How would one train for such a contest?

What would the Ideal Combined Lifter look like?

I have no Idea, but offering that kind of prize money yearly, for at least 25 years {Trust fund in case I don't last another 25 years}

It would be most interesting to find out.

Yes, with 18.5 Billion, I'd set many fields of Endeavor to Humming!

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #15
curl2much
New Brawn
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

curl2much has made some quality postscurl2much has made some quality postscurl2much has made some quality postscurl2much has made some quality postscurl2much has made some quality postscurl2much has made some quality posts

Pay off debts, and then relax for the rest of my life!
curl2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #16
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Tithe, pay off the house, college tuitions and resonable nest eggs set aside for the kids, splurge on a new truck & suv for the wife and I then invest the rest. ( Soldier's plan sounds solid, maybe I follow that model)
Old 05-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

When I win the lottery, this will be in my living room...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bull-Fart-Sculpture-01.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	9199  

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

Move somewhere pretty isolated and invest a lot of my money in gold. Oh, and a $200,000 Steinway and Sons piano. Gotta have that too.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #19
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

I'd spend about 4.5 million on booze and women. Then waste the rest.