Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast
Default Abercrombie & Fitch Gets a Brand Readjustment

No idea of the brand other than a lot of tools seem to walk in that shop but I quite liked this story/campaign.

http://mashable.com/2013/05/15/fitch...itch-homeless/

Quote:
An online campaign is attempting to "rebrand" Abercrombie & Fitch by donating its clothes to the homeless, after an author alleged that company CEO Mike Jeffries "doesn't want larger people shopping in his store."

Last edited by JTurner; 05-15-2013 at 07:45 AM.
JTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Hahaha, good for him!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Haha that is awesome.
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I can't believe there's been such a backlash from what that guy said. As a private company, they don't feel like selling larger sized clothes. That's their choice, and people have a choice to shop there or not. They've NEVER carried larger sizes, so why is this news all of the sudden?

People love freedom until it makes them uncomfortable. Bullshit.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I can't believe there's been such a backlash from what that guy said. As a private company, they don't feel like selling larger sized clothes. That's their choice, and people have a choice to shop there or not. They've NEVER carried larger sizes, so why is this news all of the sudden?

There was also a statement that they'd rather burn clothes than give them to homeless people, so it's not all about the size issue...it's more a case of they want a certain "category" of people wearing and therefore representing their clothing/range; I find that odd.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
There was also a statement that they'd rather burn clothes than give them to homeless people, so it's not all about the size issue...it's more a case of they want a certain "category" of people wearing and therefore representing their clothing/range; I find that odd.
Ye I was posting more for the homeless and the we only want popular kids viewpoints, that's the main theme of the video.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
I don't find it odd. Branding is a huge part of marketing. You want to create an idea in people's head that a certain product makes them like someone they want to be like if they use it. It's why Gibson and Fender give free guitars to rock stars. It's why Red Bull and Monster sponsor extreme sports. Branding is the reason you ask for a Kleenex or a Bandaid instead of a tissue or a bandage.

When I was in middle school the cool kids were the skaters. We all desperately wanted to wear the same clothes and shoes they wore because that's who we wanted to be. Funny, turns out most of the people I wanted to be like in middle school also peaked in middle school. I don't even want to know what menial jobs they have now, if they have jobs at all.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
I don't find it odd. Branding is a huge part of marketing. You want to create an idea in people's head that a certain product makes them like someone they want to be like if they use it. It's why Gibson and Fender give free guitars to rock stars. It's why Red Bull and Monster sponsor extreme sports. Branding is the reason you ask for a Kleenex or a Bandaid instead of a tissue or a bandage.

When I was in middle school the cool kids were the skaters. We all desperately wanted to wear the same clothes and shoes they wore because that's who we wanted to be. Funny, turns out most of the people I wanted to be like in middle school also peaked in middle school. I don't even want to know what menial jobs they have now, if they have jobs at all.
I fully understand the branding part, it's the "rather burn it than have someone wear it" part that I don't get...not that I need an explanation, I just don't get his mentality on that.

And yes, you're right, he should have kept his trap shut.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

Quote:
I fully understand the branding part, it's the "rather burn it than have someone wear it" part that I don't get...not that I need an explanation, I just don't get his mentality on that.

And yes, you're right, he should have kept his trap shut.
Working in marketing, many brands have that attitude of 'we are a premium' brand. They wont associate themselves with certain types, and those types are found throughout various marketing channels

Example: coach bags. They are certainly not the most expensive bag, and I see more late tennage to twentysomethings with lower paying jobs buying them....yet as a brand, coach will not advertise on channels that those people are in and instead opt for upscale magazines, sites, etc.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Larger people can shop for mid sized clothes and show off their biceps when they wear A&F
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote