Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default Top 10 wrestlers who should have one more WWE match

Y! SPORTS

I am on the iPad, otherwise I would have pasted the full article....

**edit**
Quote:
COMMENTARY | Lifelong adult wrestling fans love to reminisce about the WWE Attitude Era, NWO, ECW, the Rock and Wrestling Connection, and other great angles from the past. Although they're past their primes, the legends of the ring always get a huge "pop" when they make cameo appearances. If these ring veterans could have just one more WWE match against a smart opponent who'd take care of them, fans would enjoy the experience immensely.

10. Roddy Piper

Fans will never stop debating whether it was Hulk Hogan or Roddy Piper who made the Rock and Wrestling angle special. As my favorite all-time wrestler, Piper gets my vote, but I may be biased. Their rivalry even spilled into WCW where Piper defeated Hogan with a sleeper hold at a pay-per-view.

9. The Iron Shiek

The Iron Shiek was a transitional WWF Champion to get the belt from Bob Backlund to Hulk Hogan. Always a great talker as he lavished praise on Iran, The Iron Shiek has become somewhat of a rock star on twitter in his retirement. #TeamShiekie could teach the WWE a thing or two about social media.

8. Kurt Angle

As an Olympic gold medalist, Kurt Angle has always been an outstanding ring technician. But his work in the WWE love triangle storyline with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon was hilarious and underappreciated. In addition to working another match, he could still be a major WWE talent.

7. Jeff Hardy

Jeff Hardy was always one of the most popular WWE wrestlers. Fans loved his daredevil, high-flying style at a time when it truly set him apart from most of the roster. With his personal demons behind him, Hardy would get an incredible crowd reaction in the WWE from kids and adults.

6. Bret Hart

After enduring the Montreal Screwjob and suffering a stroke, seeing Bret Hart in a WWE ring again was about as likely as pigs flying. However, Hart and McMahon have patched things up and Bret Hart now occasionally appears on WWE programming. Bret Hart working another WWE match is no longer far-fetched.

5. Shawn Michaels

Many WWE fans consider Shawn Michaels one of the greatest in-ring performers in history. He certainly improved considerably after the mid-1980s when I remember him as a jobber in Mid-South. Michaels is a legend in the WWE both as a worker and because of his rebellious antics in Degeneration-X.

4. Mick Foley

Mick Foley's body has endured unimaginable punishment in a career of extreme matches. As such, it is highly unlikely that Foley will ever wrestle again. But fans remember Foley and his different characters as one of the highlights of the WWE Attitude Era and one final match would be a huge draw.

3. Sting

Sting is probably the greatest American wrestler who has never worked for the WWE. So in this case, it would be "one WWE match" instead of "one more WWE match." Sting and The Undertaker will be a combined 104 years old at Wrestlemania 30, so their long-rumored confrontation will need to happen soon.

2. Hulk Hogan

Regardless of what other promotions he's worked for, Hulk Hogan will always be a legend in the WWE. Wrestlemania 18 proved this when Hogan was cheered as a heel against The Rock. Fans would lose their minds if Hogan tore off his shirt, "hulked up," and did his leg drop one last time in a WWE ring.

1. Steve Austin

The most disappointing aspect of the WWE Raw 20th Anniversary special was that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin did not make an appearance. Austin's body isn't in great shape either and he has had success in other entertainment ventures in retirement. But if Austin could work one last WWE match, I would practically lose my mind.

Honorable mention

Batista, Ricky Steamboat, Honkytonk Man, Goldust, Bobby Lashley, Shane McMahon, JBL, Ron Simmons, Jake Roberts, Goldberg, RVD

Endnote

Given their poor health, it's best if Ric Flair and Scott Hall never wrestle again. But if they could handle a quick easy match, then Flair and Hall would definitely make this list.

Patrick Michael lives in New Orleans and has always been a big fan of pro wrestling. Patrick's favorite wrestling promotion was Mid-South Wrestling back in the 1980s. Patrick's favorite wrestling angle of all-time was the NWO and his favorite wrestler is Roddy Piper. Follow Patrick Michael on Twitter at patmichael84.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 05-13-2013 at 09:48 AM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Bill Goldberg would be a kick to see disrupt a WWE event or two.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
1morerep
Max Brawn
Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast

WHAT! Nobody mention Iron Mike Sharpe...LOL!

540/385/515 (previous meet)

http://www.metalmilitia-va.com/

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go!!!

1MOREREP 2014
1morerep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

bump. Pasted article

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Would like to see Lex Luger too for a purely nostalgic reason. Growing up, watching the likes of Lex Luger, Macho man, Rick Rude and British Bulldog made me want to lift iron.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Snuka vs Muraco, with Snuka finally beating him for the intercontinental title.

I used to get so pissed that Snuka couldn't beat him.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Snuka vs Muraco, with Snuka finally beating him for the intercontinental title.

I used to get so pissed that Snuka couldn't beat him.
Oh yeah, that would be a good match too.

Darn. I dont think I like all changes. Wrestling was awesome in 80s and 90s, and I (and my cousin brother) used to be crazy about wrestling. Somehow WWE after Stone Cold and Rock doesnt feel as great any more. Not sure if this is me getting old, or WWE moving away a lot from the 90s, or just a combination of both.

But then, when I go over the martial arts videos too, I keep feeling that Pride was so much easier on the eye than UFC (obviously not talking about the ring girls ).

Feel the same way about bodybuilding, and heck even scientific research
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post

Feel the same way about bodybuilding, and heck even scientific research
Me too

I was watching the "back alley match" between Slaughter and Patterson and I was amazed at just how entertaining a simple wrestling match could be.

These days we lack contract. Too much constant noise, too little differentiation between good and bad. Bad match pacing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
hobbz
New Brawn
Points: 149, Level: 2 Points: 149, Level: 2 Points: 149, Level: 2
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

hobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good postshobbz has made some good posts

Sting was always a fav of mine. Not really sure why he was just cool I guess.
hobbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

I'm a huge fan of the guys who can and do make the bigger, immobile guys look good because they can tell a great story and take bumps really well.

That means: Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Ricky Steamboat, Chris Benoit, and the master, the man who could "carry a broomstick through to a 4 star match": Ric Flair.

Bret Harts matches against Shawn Michaels are still legendary.