Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Jesda
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Jesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good posts
Default Senior class president suspended after tweet about high-school sports

Senior class president suspended after tweet about high-school sports

Do you agree with the decision of the school? Should he have to miss his graduation due to the fact that he tweeted this?
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Life has become pathetic...Twitter and Facebook are social sites, therefore, unless it terrorist level stuff or inciting to harm another, it should be freedom of speech...it clearly isn't, people are not free to express their views at all...so both are now pointless, not that they ever had much of a point to start with.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
MaryEllen
Brawn
Points: 210, Level: 4 Points: 210, Level: 4 Points: 210, Level: 4
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

MaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good postsMaryEllen has made some very good posts

suspending him was absolutely going too far. What a joke. I agree, it's freedom of speech, and what he said was "tiny" as far as anything worth getting upset over, to begin with. Higher-ups get notified and then they feel compelled to act on it publicly enough that people notice they acted. It's transparent.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Freedom of speech, and facebook are opposites to begin with.

Mark Zuckerburg, the creator of FaceBook, has now been awarded a medal from the C.I.A. for this reason.

quote from the C.I.A chief intelligence director -

"After years of secretly monitoring the public, we were astounded so many people would willingly publicize where they live, their religious and political views, an alphabetized list of all their friends, personal emails addresses, phone numbers, hundreds of photos of themselves, and even status updates about what they were doing moment to moment. It is truly a dream come true for the CIA."

Thats facebook's purpose. In the name of social networking.

Freedom of speech doesn't exist on those sites.

However ridiculous this student getting ripped of his graduation is, There was never any freedom of speech to be taken away in the first place.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

I dont get it

99% of all these things are over reacting. Cant look at somebody without hurting feelings these days.

As far as the whole free speech thing, keep in mind that anything you say on the internet can be seen by anyone. Think before you type!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Freedom of speech, and facebook are opposites to begin with.

Mark Zuckerburg, the creator of FaceBook, has now been awarded a medal from the C.I.A. for this reason.

quote from the C.I.A chief intelligence director -

"After years of secretly monitoring the public, we were astounded so many people would willingly publicize where they live, their religious and political views, an alphabetized list of all their friends, personal emails addresses, phone numbers, hundreds of photos of themselves, and even status updates about what they were doing moment to moment. It is truly a dream come true for the CIA."

Freedom of speech doesn't exist on those sites.

However ridiculous this student getting ripped of his graduation is, There was never any freedom of speech to be taken away in the first place.

Interesting info which most don't know about; I have to disagree with the never being any freedom of speech but only because as far as I'm aware Zuckerburg wasn't in cahoots with any government agency when he initially set-up Facebook...the fact that they and other agencies around the world now use it for their ends, are really two different things. Just my view though.

The people that use it see it as a social site which is how it was originally set-up and for communicating with friends. They do though, IMO, put far too much info out there for the general public and other agencies to see; my sister put a pic of me in her private album which I feel she has no rights to do, even if she sets her FB account settings to family and friends only, since I don't know her friends, nor was I permitted to use a person's photo, for any purpose whilst doing a degree, unless I had their express written permission...so, yes, people take liberties that they shouldn't, where FB is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
I dont get it

99% of all these things are over reacting. Cant look at somebody without hurting feelings these days.

As far as the whole free speech thing, keep in mind that anything you say on the internet can be seen by anyone. Think before you type!
Agree to a point, some are set at private, as I explained above, but then you have those that go blabbing to others about what people posted, even though the people they blab to have no direct access to the info...to me, that's akin to letting everyone know what you write in a letter, or an email, or say on the phone, or just between friends at a party etc...but in those instances, it doesn't generally seem to occur, it appears to be restricted to internet posting, private or otherwise, as if people have the right to blab about it, by default of it being on the internet.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #7
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Interesting info which most don't know about; I have to disagree with the never being any freedom of speech but only because as far as I'm aware Zuckerburg wasn't in cahoots with any government agency when he initially set-up Facebook...the fact that they and other agencies around the world now use it for their ends, are really two different things. Just my view though.

The people that use it see it as a social site which is how it was originally set-up and for communicating with friends. They do though, IMO, put far too much info out there for the general public and other agencies to see; my sister put a pic of me in her private album which I feel she has no rights to do, even if she sets her FB account settings to family and friends only, since I don't know her friends, nor was I permitted to use a person's photo, for any purpose whilst doing a degree, unless I had their express written permission...so, yes, people take liberties that they shouldn't, where FB is concerned.

Agree to a point, some are set at private, as I explained above, but then you have those that go blabbing to others about what people posted, even though the people they blab to have no direct access to the info...to me, that's akin to letting everyone know what you write in a letter, or an email, or say on the phone, or just between friends at a party etc...but in those instances, it doesn't generally seem to occur, it appears to be restricted to internet posting, private or otherwise, as if people have the right to blab about it, by default of it being on the internet.

To me its a lot larger than that.

Setting your profile to "private" is irrelevant in my eyes.

I think theres allot bigger privacy concerns than people blabbing about a certain status's on facebook.
regular people seeing what I get up to without my consent is wrong yes, but
As I said before, the C.I.A have access to any information you put on there.
If they wanted to get hold of that information, they could, weather it was set to private or not.

They administrate facebook now.

We really don't have any privacy in anything in my opinion. Not just sociall network sites.

For example the 3rd NSA base in alaska, records every single phone call anyone ever makes. Not just the record of the call, the actuall conversation.
Google, records every search you've ever made on they're servers.
We know someone that was taken away to a FEMA camp, and detained for several days, for leading a 9/11 protest.

Freedom of speech is getting lesser and lesser as time goes on in my opinion, and I don't trust a word anybody from "the government" says.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

i read the article, and i don't believe the student or his mother when he says he didn't mean it as a criticism. read his explanation of what he says he meant by the comment; it makes no sense.
i think he deserves to be suspended or removed from student council, but not from his graduation activities. you shouldn't be allowed to serve on student council if you're going to use it as a podium to make sarcastic, mean little comments like that.
he doesn't deserve to miss any of his graduation activities, though. that's outrageous.

it seems a lot of people here are calling "freedom of speech." absolute freedom of speech with no restrictions whatsoever is not even desirable. all kinds of vicious personal attacks would be perfectly legal then: personal threats, racism, sexism, and verbal abuse. bullying is also a real thing, yet people sometimes tend to blame the victim, which is nonsense. there are many vicious ways that bullies use speech to demean someone, and no one should have to live in fear and misery every day of their lives just so we can uphold some nasty, despicable person's absolute freedom of speech.

the bullying thing doesn't apply to the story, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
uhh then don't post there? no one's holding a gun to your head forcing you to lol
can't blame Facebook for people voluntarily posting all that info. what did you expect? the information is public. of course the government will use freely offered personal data if they need to. how is that a conspiracy?

Last edited by SecondsOut; 05-10-2013 at 08:09 AM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

freedom of speech? Sure, doesnt mean there isnt consequences for what you say. Do I think his punishment was overkill? Sure! Doesnt mean he didnt do something stupid and should be punished.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
i read the article, and i don't believe the student or his mother when he says he didn't mean it as a criticism. read his explanation of what he says he meant by the comment; it makes no sense.
i think he deserves to be suspended or removed from student council, but not from his graduation activities. you shouldn't be allowed to serve on student council if you're going to use it as a podium to make sarcastic, mean little comments like that.
he doesn't deserve to miss any of his graduation activities, though. that's outrageous.

it seems a lot of people here are calling "freedom of speech." absolute freedom of speech with no restrictions whatsoever is not even desirable. all kinds of vicious personal attacks would be perfectly legal then: personal threats, racism, sexism, and verbal abuse. bullying is also a real thing, yet people sometimes tend to blame the victim, which is nonsense. there are many vicious ways that bullies use speech to demean someone, and no one should have to live in fear and misery every day of their lives just so we can uphold some nasty, despicable person's absolute freedom of speech.

the bullying thing doesn't apply to the story, though.

I agree.

Total freedom of speech would be worse, no doubt about it.
But my point was that now its getting to the point where we can't say anything at all.

Its where you draw the line.

You could say, words that hurt or discriminate others are unacceptable, but then to the point where you couldn't protest and fight for what you believe in?

I'll use the point again abut the lady we know who was detained in a FEMA camp for protesting about the 9/11 truth. I know she'll have used some pretty harsh words to describe our "leaders" and their involvement in 9/11, and rightly so in my opinion.

EDIT:

A conspiracy? Nope. A reality.

I don't think people would be so willing to post all their information on there if they new the C.I.A administrate it.

Of coarse you can blame them. Yes, people are stupid to put all that information on there in the first place, but that doesn't give them the right to lie and pretend its all in the name of social networking, when they're actually holding all your information for God knows how many reasons we wouldn't like to know.

Again - "After years of secretly monitoring the public, we were astounded so many people would willingly publicize where they live, their religious and political views, an alphabetized list of all their friends, personal emails addresses, phone numbers, hundreds of photos of themselves, and even status updates about what they were doing moment to moment. It is truly a dream come true for the CIA." - C.I.A Intelligence director.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 05-10-2013 at 08:28 AM.