Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Shopping for the modern muscular woman (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13467)

ElementalVirago 04-27-2013 09:14 PM

Shopping for the modern muscular woman

Shopping for clothes has become somewhat of a futile effort, and not just for pants anymore. Used to be I could just pick out almost any small or even medium shirt and take it home without even trying it on. Now I need at LEAST a large to fit my chest, arms and shoulders, but then the rest of it is way too baggy instead of being nice and form-fitting and I end up looking like I've wedged myself into a pup tent.

I fully realize and acknowledge that I have done this to myself, so I'm not looking for sympathy. But still. Aren't there other 40-yr-old middle-management professional women out there that have 14” biceps and torsos shaped like an upside-down piece of candy corn that need career wear? A quick peruse of the innernets shows that there is a market for this but all I can find are workout clothes.

Time to make friends with a tailor. Either that or learn to love Lycra.

I know that 99.9%* of all the folks on here are guys so I don't really expect a solution. I just wanted to vent.

*this statistic is completely made up and is not representative of any scientific empirical studies.

SecondsOut 04-27-2013 09:29 PM

i want "velvet jumpsuit" to be the answer, but it's just not. i'm sure you already considered this anyway

BendtheBar 04-27-2013 10:06 PM

Vent away. I live in a land where I have to purchase jeans to fit my legs, but the waist is too darn big. They usually are capable of sliding over my hips.

And welcome back, missed you.

Jim2542 04-27-2013 10:32 PM

I was about to call you out on that statistic, but notices the disclaimer shortly after reading it. :sly:

First the poop thread, and now this.... you seem to have a tough life lol :p

gaspers04 04-27-2013 10:34 PM

Holy Sh!t!! Its an EV siting....lol

gaspers04 04-27-2013 10:35 PM

Uniform shirts are a 3x (a large 3x), fits in the neck and shoulders but the rest is like a tent.....

SCStrong 04-27-2013 11:25 PM

Men have the same issues.... espescially us shorter guys. If it fits my neck,chest, and shoulders I have to have it tailored so it is not so long and too big in the belly. Still working on the thighs - hope to have that issue soon :)

ElementalVirago 04-28-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Men have the same issues.... espescially us shorter guys. If it fits my neck,chest, and shoulders I have to have it tailored so it is not so long and too big in the belly.
I know it happens to guys, too. But I tend to think that guys can get away with more of that kind of look, though. You all don't have curves so it doesn't look as frumpy when wearing something that isn't more form fitting. Guys can generally wear baggier clothes and still look hot. When women do it, it looks like we’ve given up on life. But yeah, I think either need to learn to alter clothing myself or find a decently priced tailor.

Quote:

I live in a land where I have to purchase jeans to fit my legs, but the waist is too darn big. They usually are capable of sliding over my hips.

And welcome back, missed you.
Yes I've always had an issue with pants not fitting. If they fit my hips, thighs and butt, they're too "gappy" in the waist. Similarly, if they fit my waist, I can't fit them over my hips. Sometimes I get lucky and find a good pair of jeans, though. That's precisely the time that company discontinues that particular cut. Always. They really need to have a “Birthing Hips” jeans store in the mall. And thanks, missed you guys too.

Quote:

i want "velvet jumpsuit" to be the answer, but it's just not. i'm sure you already considered this anyway
Funny you mention this, I’m actually petitioning my employer for a latex catsuit to be written into the dress code as we speak. I’ll keep you posted.

Quote:

First the poop thread, and now this.... you seem to have a tough life lol
You’re damn right I do. Do you believe that not only did I have to get off the couch and into in my car to get some supper tonight, but I had to put a bra on before I left the house as well? Good, hard-working American citizens like me should not have to live like this.

ElementalVirago 04-28-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Holy Sh!t!! Its an EV siting....lol
Heeeeeey Gaspers. :bootyshake:

Tannhauser 04-28-2013 05:17 AM

I cannot find a blouse that fits me.