Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #11
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Shopping for clothes has become somewhat of a futile effort, and not just for pants anymore. Used to be I could just pick out almost any small or even medium shirt and take it home without even trying it on. Now I need at LEAST a large to fit my chest, arms and shoulders, but then the rest of it is way too baggy instead of being nice and form-fitting and I end up looking like I've wedged myself into a pup tent.

I fully realize and acknowledge that I have done this to myself, so I'm not looking for sympathy. But still. Aren't there other 40-yr-old middle-management professional women out there that have 14” biceps and torsos shaped like an upside-down piece of candy corn that need career wear? A quick peruse of the innernets shows that there is a market for this but all I can find are workout clothes.

Time to make friends with a tailor. Either that or learn to love Lycra.

I know that 99.9%* of all the folks on here are guys so I don't really expect a solution. I just wanted to vent.

*this statistic is completely made up and is not representative of any scientific empirical studies.
In relation to the bra sizing/fit...I brought this same subject up, at a different forum, and got the answer to the effect that "bras are made to fit people as they get bigger which means as they get bigger in one area they also expand in the other"...they didn't seem to comprehend that a person's back can get wider but the bust may shrink (or remain the same) and try getting a bra to fit a wider back (than the one the bra has been made for) but also to fit a smaller sized cup/bust, which the bra has been designed for...it's a no-win scenario.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #12
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

I thought from the title that someone was Shopping for a "Muscular Female"...

Wrong.

If you have big bulging thighs and a modest waist—the pants have to be wide enough for the waist to pass over your thighs...

It is the same wearing pull-overs.

The waist of the shirt has to fit over your shoulders and if they're wider than your waist then it will fit your waist loosely.

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote