Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default House Passes CISPA

US House of Representatives passes CISPA cybersecurity bill ? RT USA

Notes from an anti-CISPA site:

Quote:
Itís time to get pissed. The U.S. law that would turn Google, Facebook, and Twitter into legally immune government spies just passed the House.
This bill affects everyone -- not just U.S. citizens. Anyone with a Facebook account could now have their data shipped directly to the U.S. government. That's why Internet users overwhelmingly oppose this bill. Over 1.5 million people signed petitions against it. But Congress didnít listen.
Quote:
CISPA, known officially as H.R. 624, is a cybersecurity Bill currently going through the motions in the lower house of Congress, the US House of Representatives. It is designed to help prevent and defend against cyberattacks on critical national infrastructure and against other internet attacks on private firms by obtaining and sharing "cyberthreat information".

Its sole purpose is to allow private sector firms to search personal and sensitive user data of ordinary US residents to identify this so-called "threat information", and to then share that information with each other and the US government ó without the need for a warrant.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

The way I see it, they only get the information about you that you willing put on or use with the internet. No biggie IMO. If they can use it to prevent a mass murder, go for it. They're not looking for me. They know where I am. LOL
Old 04-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34

IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
The way I see it, they only get the information about you that you willing put on or use with the internet. No biggie IMO. If they can use it to prevent a mass murder, go for it. They're not looking for me. They know where I am. LOL
Too many people put way too much personal sh1t online anyway. And I doubt terrorists are bragging about it on FB...
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
They take more than that Roger. Your browser gathers all surfing information and Google or Facebook create profiles.

The ads you see on MAB are based on your surfing profiles.

You can put nothing personal on the web and they still develop a complete profile.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-19-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Better stop posting bicep sizes...they'll be knocking at the door!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
They take more than that Roger. You browser gathers all surfing information and Google or Facebook create profiles.

You can put nothing personal on the web and they still develop a complete profile.
They're going to need to upgrade their computers, with all the info flowing. People searching North Korea or Boston Explosions and checking out the threads will more than likely come under more scrutiny for no reason other than they are following the news. It's a sad world.

At least they can have some lighthearted fun looking at the testosterone thread
Old 04-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34

IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

Quote:
They take more than that Roger. You browser gathers all surfing information and Google or Facebook create profiles.

Oh wow, based on the ads I get, they won't be able to classify me. I'm a goon squad target for sure!
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

The heart of the question is:

1) Do you consider your surfing habits private?

2) Do you want major corporations sharing them?

I do want my habits private, and I do not want my data shared.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

By the way, for anyone that considers these style of actions innocent, Muscle and Brawn, along with 80-90% of other muscle building sites, are profiled as dangerous and blocked by most filtering software. Why? Because we "might" promote steroids.

These restrictions cost the site 10-20% revenue each year, or more. That is money we could be using to help athletes.

MAB is profiled and banned, yet has done nothing wrong.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-18-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
By the way, for anyone that considers these style of actions innocent, Muscle and Brawn, along with 80-90% of other muscle building sites, are profiled as dangerous and blocked by most filtering software. Why? Because we "might" promote steroids.

These restrictions cost the site 10-20% revenue each year, or more. That is money we could be using to help athletes.

MAB is profiled and banned, yet has done nothing wrong.
And to take it a degree deeper, sites that do not want to be put on the list must work hard to dissuade all open talk about AAS. Even if no one is doing anything wrong, there still must be a huge degree of censorship of speech to even have a prayer of passing the magical profiling barrier.

I know lifting sites that work their tales off to avoid even posting any lifters who might be gassing.

If you guys want true free speech, I ask you to consider how many other sites and niches this impacts in the same way.