Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Active Duty Soldier Illegally Disarmed and Arrested (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13356)

BendtheBar 04-17-2013 08:00 PM

Active Duty Soldier Illegally Disarmed and Arrested

Hunterace 04-17-2013 08:16 PM

Well he has one of those scary deadly rifles:rolleyes:! That guys right, lawsuit is coming!

AF-Iron 04-17-2013 09:21 PM

Someone is getting sued.

Can't wait until they give us all concealed carry licenses. Its in the works.

BendtheBar 04-17-2013 10:02 PM

In America we have the right to know why we are being detained and arrested. Also legally, we are fully within our rights to refuse to show identification. If they intend to arrest you they have to show probably cause.

The police would not answer his repeated questions as to what law he was breaking. They did not ask him to hand over the gun, they took it. They did not ask for his conceal carry, they just cuffed him.

He continued to ask why he was being detained and they would not provide a reason.

WilldBill88 04-17-2013 11:07 PM

Did they even read him his rights?

SaxonViolence 04-17-2013 11:25 PM

What can you say?

Would the Hobnails stop every person they saw driving a Car, because a car can be a very dangerous thing?

No, cars are accepted with aplomb.

Yet Guns are regarded as Sinister and Needing Justification.

But a Man without a Car is still a Whole Man, while an Unarmed Man is something Much Less than a Man.

I could say more, but I'd soon be over the edge into very angry ranting.

I try not to use foul language and incitements to...

But It is Hard.

Saxon Violence

IainK 04-18-2013 04:42 AM

Prob with the vid is we have no idea what happened prior. Maybe the officer handled it badly. However maybe he had cause to initiate his actions. Regardless it didnt come across as his finest how.

These type of vids tend to be circulated to gander the desired response.

Guns need justification as they are designed to kill. Cars do not as they are transport. Cars kill so,many as they are used so often. If everyone used guns in a similar fashion more people would be killed by guns. So if everyone went out in the morning and attempted to shoot people :) Therefore cars v guns reg death is a poor analogy. Off course seeing how dangerous a car can be maybe there should be much more stringent testing before people can own and use one.

5kgLifter 04-18-2013 06:22 AM

I don't understand USA law...the part that astounded me was the officer keep instructing him to get his hands away from the gun when it was plain that his hands were not on the gun though I suppose with all the people they deal with it's also understandable that they'd be a bit on edge around firearms.

He asked why he was being detained and was informed (at one point in the vid) that they'd had a call/complaint/report, so in theory I guess they could easily use that as their reasoning for detaining and disarming him but like I said I don't know much about the laws surrounding guns over there.

Can anyone explain why he willingly handed over his wallet and then said they didn't have permission to go through it? That part, I really don't comprehend.

J_Byrd 04-18-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 351403)
I don't understand USA law...the part that astounded me was the officer keep instructing him to get his hands away from the gun when it was plain that his hands were not on the gun though I suppose with all the people they deal with it's also understandable that they'd be a bit on edge around firearms.

He asked why he was being detained and was informed (at one point in the vid) that they'd had a call/complaint/report, so in theory I guess they could easily use that as their reasoning for detaining and disarming him but like I said I don't know much about the laws surrounding guns over there.

Can anyone explain why he willingly handed over his wallet and then said they didn't have permission to go through it? That part, I really don't comprehend.

This country is so jacked up Babs, it really seems common sense isnt used here anymore. The media spins things so to make money, and most of the US is not smart enough to look at the actual facts.

Ryano 04-18-2013 07:26 AM

Without giving a class on Terry v. Ohio and probable cause, the officer does not have to read anyone his rights upon arrest. The officer has a right to stop and detain a person that he believes may have or is commiting a crime. He also does not have to explain his probable cause to the suspect. The officer has a right to disarm the subject for safety reasons during the stop.

You dont know the entire circumstances of this case from a short video clip. He was obviously carrying weapons. The officer stated that they had "a call" about this subject. You don't know if there was a valid criminal complaint or not from the video.

I am about as pro-gun as a person can get, but lets just use a little common sense here. How is a police officer suppose to ascertain if a person has a ccw if he can't ask for one. I guess gangbangers can walk around with all the guns they want since you people think they don't have to prove they legally possess the weapons. How would you like this guy walking down the street next to your childs playground armed as he was?