Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #21
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonViolence View Post

A post that, if printed off, would be 400 feet long
Just as an aside from the thread, I wonder if you'd ever come across a short story called Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut? I think you would enjoy it, and agree with its central message.

I disagree with every single thing you wrote, but I'm glad to see fiat appearing. It's a sadly neglected word.

Back to the thread.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #22
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

While you may be in your rights, that doesn't mean you should disrespect an officer on the street, comply and wait until you get to the station and get a lawyer. This isn't the movies, acting out like that against police will get you killed, because these guys and girls have high stress jobs.

You also have to look at it from both points of view. On one hand he was legally walking in a rural area with a rifle, which would be a great choice if you were attacked by, a pack of dogs for instance.

He was on a public road and it is understandable that a concerned soccer mom would call it in. What would I do? Most of you know I'm all for firearms, self defense and a people free from tyrannical governments. I would have drove by and gave that guy a high five. I wish you could walk into the bar with your rifle nowadays, but sadly that's not the case. Someone got their panties in a wad, the responding officers didn't know what to expect, and the soldier was acting like an ass.

When I was detained (by an idiot) for having a fixed blade knife, did I jump up and scream about my rights? Nope, I calmly put my hands up and waited until everyone calmed down before I started talking.

As for Saxon, I honestly did not understand anything you posted. I leave you with this quote: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #23
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
As for Saxon, I honestly did not understand anything you posted. I leave you with this quote: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Your quote agrees with his overall argument, as far as I can see.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #24
northernbulk
Max Brawn
Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: Whey iso
northernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributor

scumbag
Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #25
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

I have to agree that we as a people should not sacrifice liberty for security. But as I said in an earlier post- be cool with the cop.... he has a gun, a badge, and the official authorization to use both.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #26
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

The bottom line is....If you are stopped by the police, just reply with his/her requests. The time to question if they are right or not is NOT on the street. It is not legal to resist, even an illegal arrest. You may think you know your rights, but this thread proves that some don't. You can question what and why, but if the officer doesn't answer you to your satisfaction, just go along with the program and let it be solved in the courts.

From personal experience, if you are not respectfull to the officer, the same will come back at you. I'm not saying that all police officers are right, just that they have the upper hand on the street. If you are respectful to them, that respect is usually returned.

P.S. The fact that he is an active duty soldier has no bearing on this account.

Last edited by Ryano; 04-18-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Ryano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
ffemtny
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributor

Looking like someone isn't going to make Sgt. Major. That being said I'm a gun owner but not a big fan of those who open carry and seek negative attention and they videos they produce. More importantly involving your kid in a situation that can turn violent real quick seems like a distinctly bad idea. I'm all for civil disobedience and fighting for one's right's but there is a better way to go about doing it than this.
ffemtny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:01 AM   #28
IrishHitman
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

The situation, on all sides, could have been handled much better, it seems. In Alabama, if I want to openly carry a firearm, as long as I am not at a public demonstration, in a vehicle (it is then considered a concealed weapon), and where signs are posted banning firearms. This doesn't mean I'm not going to comply fully with an officer. In fact, I would go above and beyond in compliance. This guy should have heeded this advice: When you find yourself in a hole, the first step to getting out is to STOP DIGGING.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
IrishHitman is offline   Reply With Quote