Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine
Default Lifting Partners

Just wondering how many people out there actually have lifting partner(s) or lifting groups. I totally believe in the importance of having lifting partners..lately i've been having to lift solo and i feel not the same as when i used to train with a group..but for now it's what i have to do...does anyone have the same problem?

aloha,
aipa

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2009, 03:43 AM   #2
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
Just wondering how many people out there actually have lifting partner(s) or lifting groups. I totally believe in the importance of having lifting partners..lately i've been having to lift solo and i feel not the same as when i used to train with a group..but for now it's what i have to do...does anyone have the same problem?

aloha,
aipa
I lift alone and prefer it that way. I hate to have to train a new lifting partner on how to act while we lift. I also hate to have to wait for someone else
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I workout at home and prefer to lift alone. But with that said, I always wanted a solid partner. I had a good friend at my old job who was a powerlifter. We walked lifting quite a bit and it kept me motivated and focused.

Having lifter friends is always a good thing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I workout at home and prefer to lift alone. But with that said, I always wanted a solid partner. I had a good friend at my old job who was a powerlifter. We walked lifting quite a bit and it kept me motivated and focused.

Having lifter friends is always a good thing.
I agree with you, but i've had about 5 different lifting partners and only one was worth it. I have to train them to not screw with my workout, like i dont allow them to talk till were done.
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
I agree with you, but i've had about 5 different lifting partners and only one was worth it. I have to train them to not screw with my workout, like i dont allow them to talk till were done.
I wish i had a good one. I may ask then kid from my school to lift with me. He's 200+ (mostly muscle) and his lifts are really high (squat dead 300+. bench 200+). He likes lifting so much, he didnt play basketball, so he could focus on lifting (still plays football).

The problem is, is that i go to a private school, which means people come from all over. He lives about a half hour away. I just think it would pump me up, because lifting with him would make me feel like a pussy, therefore making me work harder.

The problem with finding one for me, is everyone wants to do gay ass isolation bull shit only.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 11-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine
Angry

yea i feel the same way about lifting alone at times..i went from lifting alone, then having two years of solid training partners and now i'm back lifting alone. I think if i had my own home gym i would probably enjoy it more because i find myself getting irritated with other people at the gym where i workout..more of a social hour and it kills my vibe

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It is hard to lift with guys that don't take it serious. There's nothing worse then trying to explain to someone stuck on the bench-lat pulldown-curl-ab circuit why they should squat.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote