Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Pet Peeves (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13134)

caloc 03-30-2013 12:21 PM

Pet Peeves

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I am talking and the person that I am talking to cuts me off so they can change the subject. That pisses me off big time. Make me not even want to talk to you anymore if that is how you are going to be. What is your biggest pet peeve?

SaxonViolence 03-30-2013 11:31 PM

People who insist on answering "Non-Questions".

I'm sorry, but having to repeat myself is a bit of a bother.

I know it can't be helped, but I'm still Hissed.

For instance, suppose I ask:

"What day is it?"

"What!?!"

Sometimes I can accept one repeat with good grace—sometimes not.

If I answer:

"What day is it?"

That is a question, and it can reasonably be answered.

If I say:

"I asked what day it was."

That is not a question, but a statement of fact.

Notice there is no question mark after it.

You lost your "Answering Rights" to the original question when you failed to hear it...

And you should answer a statement of fact as if it were a Question only if your intention is to irritate someone beyond all precedent.

I really do a slow burn when someone shouts:

"What!?!"

Three or four times, followed be my saying:

"Forget it!"

Over and Over and Over Again...

While the person in question acts as if all their future prospects for happiness would be spoiled if they didn't learn what I'd already asked them five times.

"I Asked—and please do not tell me, because I no longer want to know—but I Asked what day it was."

"Saturday."

They answer with a beaming smile and an innocent demeanor quite unlike someone who'd just given someone more than enough provocation to get their case plea-bargained down to Manslaughter.

"Why did you just do that!?!"

I ask in complete outrage.

"Do what?" They ask innocently.

"Tell me that it's Saturday."

"Well you asked."

I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, because I go out very little...

But in the future:

"I will repeat the original question one more time, since it seems to mean so much to you...

"On the condition that you do not answer it.

"Now, when I ask the question, what will you do?"

And refuse to carry on until the answer is:

"When I hear the question, I will not answer it."

At least then they can't pretend not to know what I'm outraged about.

Saxon Violence

EliteDreams 03-31-2013 12:15 AM

Certain words or phrases, and possibly certain people that use them, irritate the shit out of me. Things like "tinkle" "potty" "up and at em" "tushy" just piss me off, for no apparent reason.

I can't stand people who complain about not being able to eat while they drive. Its a burrito not a lobster, you don't need both hands to drive unless your on a mountain road with a stick shift. Also, the dillweeds that complain about how hard it is to drive a uhaul. What the hell, its interstate, what the hell. Or the dbags that can't even maintain the speed limit, the same people who slam on their brakes when they see a policeman even though they're going 25 in a 35.

I've noticed that most, granted not all, people from certain areas or nationalities have really irritating habits. But I probably irritate other people to so...

5kgLifter 03-31-2013 11:24 AM

People that...

...say, "If I were you..." ('cos they're not me)
...think they have the answer to everything ('cos they don't)
...won't let others get a word in edgeways.
...that say "Eh, what?" and as you literally just start repeating the question they cut you off with the answer indicating they heard you the first time...argh!!!!

northernbulk 03-31-2013 11:29 AM

prius drivers you're not saving the world BUY AMERICAN OR DONT VOTE

Tannhauser 03-31-2013 11:50 AM

Not differentiating between 'your and 'you're' (see above)

Incessant texters.

Over-laughers.

Enforced jollity.

Rap and hip-hop.

Most people who aren't me.

And I'll agree with Elite about certain words. Poo and tummy are particularly hateful. What are you, four years old?

eggfat 03-31-2013 03:52 PM

Fake people. Ones that laugh at anything even if it is not funny. People that have to have all the attention all the time.