Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   hot tubs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13131)

sistacatty 03-30-2013 10:41 AM

hot tubs

Does anyone on here have a hot tub? I had considered the idea of putting some money aside for a hot tub as I really want one. What in your opinion if you have one are the ups and downs of it. It would feel great but how much maintenance is there to one and do they break down and require costly repairs, etc. Thanks in advance.

jdmalm123 03-30-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sistacatty (Post 343995)
Does anyone on here have a hot tub? I had considered the idea of putting some money aside for a hot tub as I really want one. What in your opinion if you have one are the ups and downs of it. It would feel great but how much maintenance is there to one and do they break down and require costly repairs, etc. Thanks in advance.

Cons

Expensive up front.

Requires regular maintenance (like a pool) & electricity.

Expensive to remove (I remove them!)

You'll use it less than you think.

Friends will only like you for your hot tub.

Pros

Great for recovery.

Can use year round.

Great source of emergency water in the apocalypse.

Suggestions

Consider an infra-red sauna...pricey but less hassle.

If you do get a hot tub, set it up indoors if you can to minimize wear and tear, etc.

EliteDreams 03-30-2013 11:36 PM

I would definitely consider buying a new one if your gonna make that investment anyway. And cut your hot tub guy some slack, they are hard to set up sometimes without chipping anything.

Ryano 03-31-2013 07:06 AM

I have both an infrared sauna and a Jacuzzi hot tub. I love both. I get in the sauna for about 20-25 minutes then the hot tub for 15. Really great for recovery. I've only had the sauna for about 4-5 months, but had the hot tub for about 13 years. My hot tub is outside on a deck, right outside my bedroom slider door. Makes it ez access in cold weather. We keep it on 24/7/365. The electricity isn't much of an issue. With my size house my power bill is less than most of my friends. We had to replace the heater one time since we've had it as well as the cover. The cover gets cracked and weathered being outside all the time. I put chemicals in it about once every two weeks, but my wife and I are the only ones getting in it. Not much of a hassle at all. The sauna is maintenence free. Turn it on, let it heat up and begin sweating. It costs less but not as relaxing as hot tub.

5kgLifter 03-31-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sistacatty (Post 343995)

Hot tub, isn't that called a bath... :D

J_Byrd 03-31-2013 12:40 PM

love our hot tub. use it at least 4 times a week.