Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member
Default Relentless write up

This was a 12 hour meet, that felt like 5 minutes. It was so great to see everyone, and for this newbie, amazing to share the platform with some powerlifting legends.

BTB was kind enough to come to town and help me through this meet, as he has done for every meet I've been in. I could never thank him enough.

On an interesting side note -- This meet landed on the 1 year anniversary (to the day) that I started lifting.

Squats:

My first squat attempt was what should be a very easy weight for me -- 232 lbs. Instead, I shot forward coming out of the hole and almost took a header. Nerves.

2nd attempt at the same weight went very well -- 3 white lights.

3rd attempt was a meet PR attempt -- 259, Steve was calling my depth. The weight felt light, I felt really good, Steve called me Up, I got 2 reds for depth. I trust Steve completely, I'd ask him to call my depth every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Bench (wearing a Metal Ace)

** these are all PR's, but my other meets were RAW benches, so the PR doesn't mean much here

160 -- good lift

180 -- good lift

193 -- miss, got it off the chest, then almost dumped it on my face, lol. Thank you spotters!

Deads

287 -- good lift

303 -- good lift

320 (meet PR attempt) -- couldn't lock it out -- nothing left in the tank!

The meet started at 9 am -- awards were given at 9 pm. There were 90 lifters in this meet. There were no breaks, which was fine for the lifters, we had about 3 hours between events... I just felt bad for the announcer, table help, etc, lol.

The Lillibridges came up to spot and load, which was really cool. They stayed after everything was over and literally mopped the floor and helped clean the building. Incredible guys.

A HUGE thank you to all of you who donated to my Hope Kids page -- we presented a check for $102,000 to Hope Kids at the end of the night. It was a very emotional moment for all of us.

Bring on Relentless 2014!!!!!!!!!!