Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Relentless write up (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13039)

Jen 03-24-2013 09:09 PM

Relentless write up

This was a 12 hour meet, that felt like 5 minutes. It was so great to see everyone, and for this newbie, amazing to share the platform with some powerlifting legends.

BTB was kind enough to come to town and help me through this meet, as he has done for every meet I've been in. I could never thank him enough.

On an interesting side note -- This meet landed on the 1 year anniversary (to the day) that I started lifting.

Squats:

My first squat attempt was what should be a very easy weight for me -- 232 lbs. Instead, I shot forward coming out of the hole and almost took a header. Nerves.

2nd attempt at the same weight went very well -- 3 white lights.

3rd attempt was a meet PR attempt -- 259, Steve was calling my depth. The weight felt light, I felt really good, Steve called me Up, I got 2 reds for depth. I trust Steve completely, I'd ask him to call my depth every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Bench (wearing a Metal Ace)

** these are all PR's, but my other meets were RAW benches, so the PR doesn't mean much here

160 -- good lift

180 -- good lift

193 -- miss, got it off the chest, then almost dumped it on my face, lol. Thank you spotters!

Deads

287 -- good lift

303 -- good lift

320 (meet PR attempt) -- couldn't lock it out -- nothing left in the tank!

The meet started at 9 am -- awards were given at 9 pm. There were 90 lifters in this meet. There were no breaks, which was fine for the lifters, we had about 3 hours between events... I just felt bad for the announcer, table help, etc, lol.

The Lillibridges came up to spot and load, which was really cool. They stayed after everything was over and literally mopped the floor and helped clean the building. Incredible guys.

A HUGE thank you to all of you who donated to my Hope Kids page -- we presented a check for $102,000 to Hope Kids at the end of the night. It was a very emotional moment for all of us.

Bring on Relentless 2014!!!!!!!!!!

BendtheBar 03-24-2013 10:06 PM

I think you looked stronger than ever Jen. Your 3rd bench flew off your chest, and your last deadlift was just a little hip drive from being a good lift.

I apologize for being off. I had only about one hour of sleep the night before and was in a bit of a fog. I didn't notice how far your guy had set up your shoulders away from the bar on that awkward hand off. I should have caught that.

I feel horrible about your third squat. You know I am picky about squat depth and it looked good to me all day. I made the mistake at your first meet of sending you too low and I was trying not to repeat it.

brad1224 03-24-2013 10:20 PM

Great numbers and I love how u raised over 100k such a great event

northernbulk 03-24-2013 10:33 PM

great job

sleepingdog 03-25-2013 12:03 AM

As soon as details start coming together for the 2014 post it up. Maybe we can make it a MAB outing!

Cutty 03-25-2013 12:48 AM

Jen,

You are an inspiration to me and it is amazing what you did at this meet. Your lifts are strong and you seemed to have a lot of fun. I hope I can make it next year!

J_Byrd 03-25-2013 06:01 AM

I know you dont think so Jen, but that is amazing progress over this year! All the ups and downs you have had in both the gym and personal life, this is nothing short of amazing! Be proud of what you did, I sure am!

As far as the whole squat thing goes, We both know if BTB gave you an up call, it was a good squat!

What you guys have done for those kids is something that will be in their minds forever. Pat yourself on the back, you EARNED IT!

markievicz 03-25-2013 06:17 AM

congrats on the meet Jen , you have put in great work and made some BIG progress this year,
i wouldnt worry too much on the squat call - id be like you and take Steves judgement on dept all day long , you know you can squat that now so there is your opener for the next meet :)

well done again and look forward to the vids if there are any

Jen 03-25-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 341775)
I think you looked stronger than ever Jen. Your 3rd bench flew off your chest, and your last deadlift was just a little hip drive from being a good lift.

I apologize for being off. I had only about one hour of sleep the night before and was in a bit of a fog. I didn't notice how far your guy had set up your shoulders away from the bar on that awkward hand off. I should have caught that.

I feel horrible about your third squat. You know I am picky about squat depth and it looked good to me all day. I made the mistake at your first meet of sending you too low and I was trying not to repeat it.

STOP feeling horrible!! I trust you 100000000000%. You being there meant the world to me. You and Heidi driving all the way out here, it's incredible. It speaks to the amazing, selfless, giving human being you are. I love you Steve!
Quote:

Originally Posted by brad1224 (Post 341780)
Great numbers and I love how u raised over 100k such a great event

Thank you ;) That check had everyone in tears!
Quote:

Originally Posted by northernbulk (Post 341781)
great job

Thank you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepingdog (Post 341799)
As soon as details start coming together for the 2014 post it up. Maybe we can make it a MAB outing!

That would be EPIC! March of 2014 -- when the day gets nailed down, I will let you know!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty (Post 341815)
Jen,

You are an inspiration to me and it is amazing what you did at this meet. Your lifts are strong and you seemed to have a lot of fun. I hope I can make it next year!

I had a blast -- the love in the room was palpable
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 341845)
I know you dont think so Jen, but that is amazing progress over this year! All the ups and downs you have had in both the gym and personal life, this is nothing short of amazing! Be proud of what you did, I sure am!

As far as the whole squat thing goes, We both know if BTB gave you an up call, it was a good squat!

What you guys have done for those kids is something that will be in their minds forever. Pat yourself on the back, you EARNED IT!

Thank you my friend :) Time to get some work in to make next year even better!
Quote:

Originally Posted by markievicz (Post 341846)
congrats on the meet Jen , you have put in great work and made some BIG progress this year,
i wouldnt worry too much on the squat call - id be like you and take Steves judgement on dept all day long , you know you can squat that now so there is your opener for the next meet :)

well done again and look forward to the vids if there are any

Thank you Al! Congrats on your meet as well!!

Hunterace 03-25-2013 10:01 AM

Great meet Jen! You did awesome, and I've heard sooooo many great stories from the meet, all good stuff! Congrats!!! :mh:!!!