Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I'm not speaking to you! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13000)

5kgLifter 03-22-2013 12:24 PM

I'm not speaking to you!

With all the social interactions or sometimes the lack of them for some people, I thought this might be an interesting read. Not everyone will want to interact with you/me, that's life, it doesn't mean that you're doing anything wrong...

When People Don't Seem Interested In Starting Friendships With You | www.succeedsocially.com

:D

EliteDreams 03-22-2013 01:07 PM

So, find different people? That's basically what I do...

leefarley 03-22-2013 01:12 PM

just one more person that i havent got to talk too.

glwanabe 03-23-2013 11:03 AM

I have never had a large group of friends, instead I tend to have just a couple of friends at any one point in time. I'm perfectly fine with being alone, and tend to prefer it more often than not.

Sociall media has not made it any better. It seems that people now ask probing personal questions far sooner than what used to be considered polite, and they feel that it is their right to know. In addition, people don't seem to be able to keep their mouth shut anymore.

My Childreo, and one or two other people are about all I can stand right now in my personal life.

LindenGarcia18 03-23-2013 11:29 AM

I've always chosen my friends wisely.
Never been one to have a large group of mates, and its done me good.
Now I know who I can really count on to have my back.

Cutty 03-25-2013 01:33 AM

This article hits me on the head actually. I do kind of like being alone but I've had an overwhelming feeling of loneliness. The nearest person I know is 3 hours away and all of my friends and family are across the united states from me. I'd like to have a couple people to hang out with sometimes.

Thanks for the link, I'm going to be reading more articles on there.

curlbrah 03-25-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 (Post 340775)
I've always chosen my friends wisely.
Never been one to have a large group of mates, and its done me good.
Now I know who I can really count on to have my back.

Yes this is what I do as well. I can count on my fingers the number of good friends that I have that will have my back for me and be there when I really and truly need them.

SecondsOut 03-25-2013 06:39 PM

there was a time when i cared about stuff like that, but i realized that if i'm okay with myself and i have to start thinking about "why doesn't [person/people] like me?" in a very complex, nuanced way, then the problem isn't with me.
if, on the other hand, i ask the same question and there seems to be a simple answer like "i didn't seem interested in the other person" or "i was rude in a certain situation" then i know it's me and i need to change.
otherwise? i couldn't care less. when i feel comfortable, i feel comfortable, and if people don't like me when i'm in this mode, then they're not worth my time.

don't change yourself too much just to suit others. you might lose sight of the things you really like about yourself.

The Badass 04-13-2013 07:32 PM

Mansome 145: HOW TO APPROACH ANY WOMAN | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen

The Badass 04-13-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty (Post 341827)
This article hits me on the head actually. I do kind of like being alone but I've had an overwhelming feeling of loneliness. The nearest person I know is 3 hours away and all of my friends and family are across the united states from me. I'd like to have a couple people to hang out with sometimes.

Thanks for the link, I'm going to be reading more articles on there.

I feel your pain Cut-Man.