Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Playstation 3? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12996)

sleepingdog 03-22-2013 07:25 AM

Playstation 3?

So I'm considering breaking down and buying a PS3. We've had one in the office here for a while now to entertain us during downtime. Grown accustomed to it really. Unfortunately, the PS3 went back to the US with it's owner, and we're begining to have withdrawals here. I hadn't realized how dependant we were on it.

Has anyone had any luck with Used/Remanufactured/Refurbished units? I'm not seeing much positive feedback on these and their longevity.

Does anyone have recommendations for picking up a new one at a decent price? Can't understand why these things have not decreased in price over the last SIX AND HALF FRIGGIN YEARS! If I can pick up a new one for a reasonable price, it would make me feel better than spending a similar amount for a "fixed" one.

Hunterace 03-22-2013 07:29 AM

If you wait til the end of the year they will be cheaper,pretty sure PS4 will be coming out ;). I've had one for years with no issues. Can't say much about refurbished, cause I just haven't heard or read up on them.

LindenGarcia18 03-22-2013 07:33 AM

Yeah I heard the same. Wait until the Play station 4 comes out, then the PS3's gunna drop in price tremendously.

The Badass 03-22-2013 07:35 AM

I have a Used One that I got from GameStop. My only gripe is sometimes it won't read Blu-Ray Movies on the first go and I have to eject and re-insert the disc.

I will look into this a bit for ya. If the dollar amount is too high for a one time purchase, you should think about getting a "Bill Me Later" account added to your PayPal account (if you have PayPal). That's how I got my Nexus 7 tablet from Walmart.

sleepingdog 03-22-2013 08:25 AM

I really don't see myself using it too much once I get back from deployment. I've already got a blu-ray player, and I'm not much of a solo gamer. Waiting til PS4 is really out of the questions. Been looking at a few chain stores for prices, just not impressed.

5kgLifter 03-22-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepingdog (Post 340085)
I really don't see myself using it too much once I get back from deployment. I've already got a blu-ray player, and I'm not much of a solo gamer. Waiting til PS4 is really out of the questions. Been looking at a few chain stores for prices, just not impressed.

Some online places are cheaper, for new, than shops; it will also depend on what size memory you want, the smaller, the cheaper. Amazon, Play.com etc.

sleepingdog 03-24-2013 01:14 PM

I discussed it with my financial manager(wife), and instead of waffling for several days like I would, she took her brother to the store for help and bought it. Problem solved. I spend too much time over thinking when it comes to making purchases. Love my wife.

Cutty 03-25-2013 12:50 AM

What games do you like to play? I don't have a PS3 but I'm a gamer.

sleepingdog 03-25-2013 12:54 AM

I'm the opposite. I don't really consider myself a gamer anymore. I used to be, but not really since PS2 was still hot. I've got Skyrim, but it's on my painfully slow laptop. I'll have Uncharted and Black Ops 2 when the PS3 arrives. I'm probably going to pick up a sportbike game like MotoGP08 or SBK generations as well. I love my sportbike, hope the games can come close to a decent simulation.