Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
Gengaeldelse
Brawn
Points: 1,254, Level: 19 Points: 1,254, Level: 19 Points: 1,254, Level: 19
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Fav Exercise: Dead lift
Fav Supp: Gravity
Gengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good postsGengaeldelse has made some very good posts

I've got knives all over my house, but I'm not allowed and have no reason to carry one at work. Not much a knife can do when building web pages.
Gengaeldelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
in the uk you can get arrested for carrying a knife.
Yep, that's the reason I don't carry one. I have got a great little Comanchero (I think it is) hunting knife which it would be helpful to carry about but as it happens I can only use it indoors, even when we were both Scout leaders, it would have been difficult to carry it about.

I think you can carry a knife in the UK as long as you can't access it immediately, as in it must be well and truly wrapped tight...which defeats the purpose really, especially if you want to cut an apple or something.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
RGRthat
Brawn
Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: none
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Muscle Marinade
RGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributor

America makes a mess out of a lot of things but at least if someone starts shooting at me I can shoot back and I can always carry a readily accessible sharp object...
Deadlift 425
Snatch 155
Clean & Jerk 225

Drunk RGR Training http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-training.html
RGRthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #14
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Yep, that's the reason I don't carry one. I have got a great little Comanchero (I think it is) hunting knife which it would be helpful to carry about but as it happens I can only use it indoors, even when we were both Scout leaders, it would have been difficult to carry it about.

I think you can carry a knife in the UK as long as you can't access it immediately, as in it must be well and truly wrapped tight...which defeats the purpose really, especially if you want to cut an apple or something.
So even if it's a pocket knife with a blade under 2 inches? That baffles me.

I have a small knife on my keychain with a tiny blade, file, tweezers, and scissors. I can't imagine life without it. I have multitools scattered all over the house and in all of my fishing tackle boxes.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
So even if it's a pocket knife with a blade under 2 inches? That baffles me.

I have a small knife on my keychain with a tiny blade, file, tweezers, and scissors. I can't imagine life without it. I have multitools scattered all over the house and in all of my fishing tackle boxes.
I think it's around a 3"-4" blade, but yes, I would be in serious trouble if I carried it and was stopped by the police.

It is annoying...at the moment, I wear a small dolphin necklace and it has a nice sharp edge which I use to open things, some things, if they ever worked that out, all jewellery would be banned on planes too, more than likely.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Surprisingly, I've had the knife for about 26 years now and it hasn't got an ounce of rust on it and is as solid as the day it was bought, handles well too...whereas, a knife hubby selected (for Scouts) the same day rusted within years. We use the thing for daily tasks should we need a knife that we can fold up and carry about the garden etc.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #17
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRthat View Post
America makes a mess out of a lot of things but at least if someone starts shooting at me I can shoot back and I can always carry a readily accessible sharp object...
yeah but in the uk it is very unlikely somebody would start shooting at you as gun laws in the uk are so tight so you would have no need to carry one, accept a farmer with a shotgun might take a pop out you if where traspassing on his land, lol.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #18
RGRthat
Brawn
Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: none
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Supp: Muscle Marinade
RGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
yeah but in the uk it is very unlikely somebody would start shooting at you as gun laws in the uk are so tight so you would have no need to carry one, accept a farmer with a shotgun might take a pop out you if where traspassing on his land, lol.
Call me a stubborn, blood thirsty American but I trust myself more with my protection than anyone else. I don't want to imagine having to trust others for my safety or, heaven forbid, start doing cardio so I can out run someone.
Deadlift 425
Snatch 155
Clean & Jerk 225

Drunk RGR Training http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-training.html
RGRthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #19
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Not going to get into anything with guns in this thread, but my problem with raging at knives is this. They're tools. I'm pretty sure there are restrictions to carrying around a 12" blade with me in town, but I have seen more violence done with a pipe wrench and a screw driver than I have with pocket knives or machetes.

And yes, I'm being serious. I have seen one person beaten with a pipe wrench, and two people fatally stabbed with screw drivers.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #20
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

And the point of the thread was about the use of knives for everyday purposes not protection/violence; if I got stuck out in the woods, for example, yes a knife would be very handy even necessary...etc...we got no woods here but you know what I mean.