Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
schrebra
New Brawn
Points: 243, Level: 4 Points: 243, Level: 4 Points: 243, Level: 4
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Creatine
schrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good posts
Default What should I do?

Lately, Ive been in a huge rut, and have a hard time making big decisions in my life. I tend to put them off most of the time. But Ill give you a little background into what exactly I'm talking about.

I'm 20 years old and went to college for a year for computer science. At first I was loving it and was so happy to finally be out of my old house. For the first time in a long time I could finally breath fresh air. Though after a few months I became very bord of college. I continued doing research in the computer science field and I didn't like what I saw in my future. The professors there hardly taught any of the material, mainly them just ranting about there problems. I didn't like the idea of me sitting behind a computer for the rest of my life. Besides, the field I was in was turning me into an emotionless computer, much like the other people I was going to class with acted like. It didn't feel like the right area to study.

During that time, I did more research looking at pretty much everything I could think of that interested me. I found something I liked and switched to geology. The next year started up and was super excited for classes to start up again. But financially I couldn't afford to go to school any longer. So, I had to pack up my bags and leave school. It was hard making that transition because I thought I had everything figured out.

When I was home I began doubting that even geology was right for me.

That swift transition taught me that I didn't know what I wanted.

Since I've been home I got a full time job in sales. I got caught up in the working world and completely lost track of what I really love. So in the time I decided to start bodybuilding, while working full time. I've gotten great results in the 6 month span but in still stuck wondering what I should really do.

I've considered joining the airforce, but for some reason I'm almost terrified of joining. I don't know what it is. My parents also think joining will be a good idea, especially because I have no idea what I want to do. I don't want to get myself more into debt without fully knowing what it is I love.

Everything I do points me into the direction of joining the airforce, because they can make me a stronger version of myself and give me a sense of direction.

What should I do???

Option 1:
Join another 4 year school, without know what I want and get myself into more debt.

Option 2:
Join community college, play it safe and get a degree in business.

Option 3:
Join the airforce for a 4 year term.

Let me know what you think I should do?
schrebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrebra View Post
What should I do???

Option 1:
Join another 4 year school, without know what I want and get myself into more debt.

Option 2:
Join community college, play it safe and get a degree in business.

Option 3:
Join the airforce for a 4 year term.

Let me know what you think I should do?
Sometimes, when hubby asks me similar questions about choosing A or B, I always respond "If I say do B, do you feel instantly drawn to A instead?" Sometimes that can help you decide what it is that you really want to do.

Fear is fine; the other thing is, if you were to go to school and finish up a degree (??) you don't have to use it within the field of study that it covers...I was once told that a degree just proves that a person can study and hit deadlines etc. Bear those points in mind.

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 03-20-2013 at 03:17 PM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Keep your full time job and go to community college for a couple of years to kick out your required subjects. Maybe by then you'll have a better idea of what you want to do, if not you'll at least be farther ahead in your schooling.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote