Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Looking for Moderators/Leaders (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12554)

BendtheBar 02-19-2013 04:37 PM

Looking for Moderators/Leaders

I am looking for community members who are interesting in taking a more active role on the site. Right now there are areas in severe need:

1) Welcoming new members.

When new members arrive, they are currently being greeted only by only a small handful of people.

2) Unanswered questions.

When new members post questions and they don't receive at least one helpful response, the likelihood that they will stick around is minimal.

The forum is taking on members rapidly and I can't possibly handle these things myself. If you are interested in join the moderation/leadership team, or simply helping out in these areas, please PM me.

If you simply want to help out, it would be great if you could do the following when you have time:

1) Look for new members in the Introduction thread that haven't been greeted. If you see this thread at the top of the "latest posts", there is a good chance we have a new member who has said hello.

2) Look for unanswered questions. If you do not have the answer, or have no time to answer, PM me and let me know that the thread is unanswered.

3) Look for new logs and say hello.

4) Post interesting stuff here, and not just on Facebook. New threads create conversations.

This forum is growing rapidly, and I want to be proactive and make sure it remains a healthy community. Last August we averaged 80 members on the site per day. Currently we are doubling that.

If you are hesitant to help people, please don't be.

I need help.

big_swede 02-19-2013 04:40 PM

Dont have much time at my hands at the moment but Ill do what I can. Keep up the good job Steveo

Cutty 02-19-2013 04:44 PM

I'm working on it. I am going to be more active. School is keeping me on my toes but there are times I go on a tangent on youtube that I could at least post along side of watching vids.

leefarley 02-19-2013 04:49 PM

i would love to help if i can.

BendtheBar 02-19-2013 05:02 PM

Any way that any of you can help would be great.

I hope no one takes this as a "pressure" thread. We are just getting a ton of new folks here, and I want to stay proactive.

gaspers04 02-19-2013 05:20 PM

Let me know what you need Brother. Ill do what I can.

MC 02-19-2013 05:36 PM

I'll try to do a better job in the "unanswered questions" category.

I agree with Hunter that new members get lost in a single, ongoing thread, so making a section there might be better.

Jen 02-19-2013 05:42 PM

I will step up and help out more. I guess I'm hesitant being such a lifting newbie myself!!

BigJosh 02-19-2013 11:40 PM

I know I can make a better effort to greet new members and answer there questions and will do so the best I can.

EliteDreams 02-19-2013 11:41 PM

Good reminder about the new members. I will keep my eye out.