Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Stay fit, while traveling. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12544)

Hydin 02-19-2013 06:57 AM

Stay fit, while traveling.

Well I am traveling long-term, for work and i am staying in a resort with no fitness club facilities. How do i go about staying fit, while using the bare essential? Purchasing any equipment would be a so difficult, task because i have nowhere to put it and it would be a hassle to get rid, of when i have to leave.Any suggestions?

leefarley 02-20-2013 09:49 AM

you could try bodyweight exercises and pick a number of exercises for legs,abs,upper body,arms,back etc then put them in circuit type workout.

buy a jump rope and some bands that will give you more options.

BendtheBar 02-20-2013 10:59 AM

I would get some bands, a cheap draw-string bag to put them in, and work on developing a body weight routine to stay strong.

Are you staying in this single resort for a long time, or moving from place to place?

bruteforce 02-20-2013 11:13 AM

If your goals are fitness and not competition level body building or strength sports, you should be able to do very will with bands like BendtheBar suggested. Pushups, body weight squats, leg raises, crunches, etc can keep you from getting soft while on the road.

SCStrong 02-20-2013 12:11 PM

I travel alot ( 9 to10 Months away from home a year) I aggree with the bands / body weight routines but I would also google health clubs / gyms in the area and see what options they offerf for short term membrships. Many offer a by the day rate as well as a month to month. Just cut the BS and explan the situatio to the "sales persrson"
( inevitable).

Some clubs also reciprocate other memberships- it is rare but it does happen.
You may also want to scout local flea markets / garage sales and find an old standard weight set. If it is cheap enough- you can toss it or donate it to good will when you leave.

SCStrong 02-20-2013 12:12 PM

PS: Good luck

5kgLifter 02-20-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCStrong (Post 326998)
I travel alot ( 9 to10 Months away from home a year) I aggree with the bands / body weight routines but I would also google health clubs / gyms in the area and see what options they offerf for short term membrships. Many offer a by the day rate as well as a month to month. Just cut the BS and explan the situatio to the "sales persrson"
( inevitable).

Some clubs also reciprocate other memberships- it is rare but it does happen.
You may also want to scout local flea markets / garage sales and find an old standard weight set. If it is cheap enough- you can toss it or donate it to good will when you leave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leefarley (Post 326890)
you could try bodyweight exercises and pick a number of exercises for legs,abs,upper body,arms,back etc then put them in circuit type workout.

buy a jump rope and some bands that will give you more options.

Yep, bands and jump rope don't take a lot of space up, nor do they weigh alot, but give a great workout.

Bands can come in very heavy duty weightloading as well, and there are numerous ways to use them.