Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #41
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Great news! Very happy for you. $4000 training is probably good tho!
fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #42
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Thanks everyone! I now have even more hope and I have faith that this is going to work. Babs - thanks for your post as well. If you think this is legit than I am good to go ahead with it.

I am going to track my progress with this here. Every time I get treated I will post my thoughts and of course all the results of any testing and deadlifting.

So, here is my starting point!

DEADLIFT TEST SESSION

The Doc today asked me to deadlift tonight to find a range between comfortable (No pain) and uncomfortable (Pain). I guess this is like the "before" lifts. I am quite pleased with this, as just last week or so I could not pull 135. I have to say tho it felt pretty darn good to have a Doc tell me to go pull.

My goal is this - a encore of my finest deadlift ever done in Vegas at the WPC Worlds last November:

The feeling I had as I walked off stage was the best feeling ever. I want to experience that feeling again. It was better than an orgasm.

Squat Warm Up
Bar X5
95 X5
115 X5
135 X5 Felt Heavy

Deadlifts
115 X5 Felt good
135 X5 Also good
155 X3 OK
185 X1 Felt heavy, but lower back OK
205 X1 Lower back not happy with this Vid
135 X5 OK! Vid
So, range is between 185 and 205. I reckon I will not pull again for at least a month. I am so excited but I have lots of patience to reach my goal. I am going to do it right and by the Doc's book. Let the rehab begin!

Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #43
Cutty
Max Brawn
Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Excited for you man.
Cutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 AM   #44
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

I just recently saw your video, and I applaud you for not taking the easy way out, using your diagnosis as a reason to give up. The support I've seen in this thread alone should let anyone who read it know how strong the "family" here is, and how much respect and admiration you've earned from some of the elite members of the lifting community. Your accomplishments to date have been stellar, your dedication to the iron is inspiring, and your never back down attitude is infectious. You deserve to get better in a way that few have deserved anything before.

That said, if I received the news you had to begin with, and then someone came along with a solution for $4000, I would do the same thing. My first question would probably have been "Cash or Credit?"

I can't wait to see how this pans out. Best wishes from South-West Asia, and I'll be watching this thread and your log for inspiration in my own life.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #45
I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

Wonderful News 'Super Jim'

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #46
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
Excited for you man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingdog View Post
I just recently saw your video, and I applaud you for not taking the easy way out, using your diagnosis as a reason to give up. The support I've seen in this thread alone should let anyone who read it know how strong the "family" here is, and how much respect and admiration you've earned from some of the elite members of the lifting community. Your accomplishments to date have been stellar, your dedication to the iron is inspiring, and your never back down attitude is infectious. You deserve to get better in a way that few have deserved anything before.

That said, if I received the news you had to begin with, and then someone came along with a solution for $4000, I would do the same thing. My first question would probably have been "Cash or Credit?"

I can't wait to see how this pans out. Best wishes from South-West Asia, and I'll be watching this thread and your log for inspiration in my own life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WILL View Post
Wonderful News 'Super Jim'
Thanks so much Cutty, S-Dog, and Lisa. You guys are awesome.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 02-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #47
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

MEDX LUMBER MACHINE WORKOUT SESSION 1

Had my 1st workout on the MedX Lumbar Machine after work today. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, even tho I got a feel for it when I was initially tested late last week. I can now tell you this - it is the single most brutal exercise known to mankind. It takes no prisoners, shows no mercy, makes you want your mommy, makes you cry, makes you want to nuke it, and makes you wanna hurl. No other exercise even comes close to this thing. It is pure hell which I am sure I am going to love to hate and hate to love as it makes me stronger over the coming weeks.

The above is no exaggeration either.

I scored 150 lbs for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Way below average, which is 200 lbs for 2 minutes. WTF? Right now, that seems impossible. I imagine I found it so hard because my lower back has been marinating in weak sauce for 25+ years.I asked him why I have such an imbalance (LtL's question last week). He said it was likely due to an injury at some point in my past. The only injuries I have ever sustained is a fall on some steps when I was a waiter, in which I landed smack dab on my lower back on the corner of the stair, and In Mexico in 1987 when I was hit by a car and sent flying. Indeed, I am on my second life as I shouldn't have survived that one.

After thew treatment, lower back felt surprisingly great. Since I don't want to be average, I am going to train on the MF for as long as it takes and I will win.

Here are some pics of the Bitch:

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #48
WilldBill88
King of The Cowboys
Max Brawn
Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 2 Years
Fav Supp: Food
WilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
....Since I don't want to be average, I am going to train on the MF for as long as it takes and I will win.
Right On!
WilldBill88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #49
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Going to crack jokes now.

DYE MED X?

Did you take a post workout shake?

No squatting or curling in the Med X!

Hows your ROM brah?

Compound or isolation?

Lastly my humdinger....
Did you lockout!?

Lolz!
fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #50
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilldBill88 View Post
Right On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
Going to crack jokes now.

DYE MED X?

Did you take a post workout shake?

No squatting or curling in the Med X!

Hows your ROM brah?

Compound or isolation?

Lastly my humdinger....
Did you lockout!?

Lolz!
Haha - you made my day FenBro!

ROM sucks! It's Iso all the way FTW! No lockout - TUT is king! Too cooked to squat. Hurled shake. DYE MedX? - not sure. I am hoping it was just a bad nightmare.

Gym PR's:
Age 50