Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
sandraW
New Brawn
Points: 497, Level: 9 Points: 497, Level: 9 Points: 497, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

sandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good posts
Default I'm so fat

How many times have you heard a girl say this? And most of the time it is not true at all. Like today on my fb page there was a pic posted of my friend who had gone to the beach last week with a group of her friends, who I know some of them. Well they were all in suits, and looked great and under the comments the one wrote I am so fat. And she was not, she looked great in her little bikini. I have been other places as well and heard people say this and it just gets me each time. I just want to scream at them you are not fat, if you think you are fat, what do you consider me? And just what do you think that you are doing to my self esteem when you are like a twig and I am really the fat one? Why do people even say this when they know that they are not the fat ones?
sandraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandraW View Post
How many times have you heard a girl say this? And most of the time it is not true at all. Like today on my fb page there was a pic posted of my friend who had gone to the beach last week with a group of her friends, who I know some of them. Well they were all in suits, and looked great and under the comments the one wrote I am so fat. And she was not, she looked great in her little bikini. I have been other places as well and heard people say this and it just gets me each time. I just want to scream at them you are not fat, if you think you are fat, what do you consider me? And just what do you think that you are doing to my self esteem when you are like a twig and I am really the fat one? Why do people even say this when they know that they are not the fat ones?
They say it because they like the attention it gets them and the vindication of being told "No, you're not!"...when somebody should really blow them out of the water and just say "Yep, you need to lose weight girl!" just to watch the astonishment cross their face as the blood drains to their feet
Old 01-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
They say it because they like the attention it gets them and the vindication of being told "No, you're not!"...when somebody should really blow them out of the water and just say "Yep, you need to lose weight girl!" just to watch the astonishment cross their face as the blood drains to their feet
I once had a girl ask me " do these jeans make me look fat"?.... I responded with "no, you looked fat before you put them on" .

Her reaction was priceless.

Let's just say she cussed me like a man. Ha ha
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCStrong View Post
I once had a girl ask me " do these jeans make me look fat"?.... I responded with "no, you looked fat before you put them on" .

Her reaction was priceless.

Let's just say she cussed me like a man. Ha ha
Hahaha

Hubby had a similar experience, a gal we both knew asked him if what she was wearing made her look fat and he said "yes"...there just is no comeback from that sort of response; teaches them not to ask again though
Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Kyle Aaron
community gym PT
Brawn
Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: milk
Kyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machine

My PT clients say this sort of shit sometimes. I say, "Nobody is allowed to insult my clients, not even the client themselves. Now drop and give me twenty pushups."

They learn to shut up.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
skinnyBo
New Brawn
Points: 387, Level: 7 Points: 387, Level: 7 Points: 387, Level: 7
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

skinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good posts

they just like the attention that it brings them. They do not care who they say it to. I have seen many skinny gals say oh this skirt makes my thighs look like thunder thighs or this shirt makes my tummy look like I am pregnant. Just once I want to say yep when are you due?
skinnyBo is offline   Reply With Quote