Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!
Default Unmarked government vehicles

Me and one other guy are driving on a 4 lane Georgia state highway,not exactly doing the speed limit. This suv we passed probably 20 miles ago comes flying in front of me (my friends a few cars ahead) and the suv cuts me off. So when I get an opening I pass him back,no big deal. I'm in the left lane and my friends in the right,all of a sudden the suv is behind him with lights flashing and sirens wailing,then the suv exits off.

But the guy in the suv has no government tag. From what we saw,this was a professional job. The lights were completely hidden in the grill.

Could it have been a state investigator (GBI?) ? Why would someone trying to maintain a low profile bother to flash the lights? When he was driving blatently over the speed limit,the lights were not on. If he was on call the sirens should have been on.

So I'm all confused. Was this a G man jerking us around,or a bastard with no sense who thought it would be funny to have such emergency lights. Fingers crossed no ticket is in the mail. I was fed up and called it in to the local patrol. Something doesn't add up. If he did get aggravated about our speed,wouldn't he call it in and have a state trooper come get us. Which didn't happen.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

I had someone do that to me once. They were just screwing around, messing with people. Got their license number, called it in, they got busted.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

MIB
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 15
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

I've had people cut me off and then slam on brakes trying to get in an accident. My guess is your dealing with a civilian.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Yep,no officer in their right mind drives like this. But why would a civilian put that much into something blatantly illegal?

Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #6
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Yep,no officer in their right mind drives like this. But why would a civilian put that much into something blatantly illegal?
Not to knock our boys in blue, but not every one of them is in their right mind. I ride a sportbike, but I'm fairly new at it, and very much aware of my humanity. Hence I ride fairly cautious by almost anyone's standards. On my way home from work one afternoon, I had a state trooper whip across a few lanes of traffic without signaling, cutting off a few vehicles, and actually contacting me with his door as I had no where to go but the guard rail. He had the audacity to pull me over, accuse me of "stunting", speeding, and reckless endangerment. He threatened to take my license and have my bike impounded. I told him a little fib, that I had a GoPro camera which had caught the entire thing. He suddenly had other more pressing engagements. I called in his car number with the details, but never received any feedback.

Moral of the story, as much as we want to trust all our caretakers, don't discount the possibility that some will misbehave.

As far as putting that much into something blatantly illegal, for a halfway talented hobbyist, that level of vehicle customization is just an afternoon in the driveway with beer and hand tools. Maybe $100 at radio shack/autozone.
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

True Sleep. The popo in my town all do 20 or so over the speed limit.

I guess I'm worried I might get a ticket a ticket in the mail for passing him at 97mph.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Only really a legit concern if he had a dash cam. And was doing nothing out of regs himself. They're not gonna submit self incriminating video to their dept just to add a speeding ticket to the quota.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote