Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
Hazzard
Max Brawn

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
It's a masculine sport that not just encourages, but thrives on an alpha male attitude and people are shocked that he made a statement like this?
They need to get over it, IMO.
No. He needs to get over his backwards-arse attitude.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Hard to believe that most of these guys are highly educated.
No matter where they stand on the issues of homosexuality, they could act and speak a whole lot classier.
Class, a lost art. So is humility.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
No. He needs to get over his backwards-arse attitude.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, just as I am entitled to mine. And if you want to attack me for my opinion you can go screw yourself as far as I'm concerned.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #14
Hazzard
Max Brawn

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, just as I am entitled to mine. And if you want to attack me for my opinion you can go screw yourself as far as I'm concerned.
Your opinion that the people moaning about the fact that a player said that any gay player on his team should get out is well worth attacking you over.

Last edited by Hazzard; 01-31-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

Ironic that this player plays in San Francisco. I don't think he'll be playing for SF for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
Also, did anyone read his apology?

Um, What?

So, Sherlock says, his team apologised for him just to get people off his back (no pun ) because his language skills sure have improved since his first statement

Quote:
"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel," Culliver said in a statement released by the team. "It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience."
v.

Quote:
“I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

"Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
Goat
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2 years
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

BFD!

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtny View Post
the PC kool-aid
Or, as it used to be called, 'treating people decently'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I don't care if he likes gays or not. the fact that he was pushed through college talking the way he does scares me.
Wiki says he majored in Sport and Entertainment Management. If he'd majored in English and Philosophy, I'd share your concern more

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
BFD!
Leave the Boston Fire Department out of this!

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
Goat
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2 years
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Leave the Boston Fire Department out of this!
No! They are a bunch of fairy's also (not that there is anything wrong with that)

I am suprised that a team of pansys like the forty whiners hasn't any alternative lifestyle types on the team.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #20
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

I think the point no one has made so far is, why is this guy allowed to speak publicly in the first place. I don't always make the most eloquent speeches, usually littered with F bombs, anatomical references, and suggestions of how and where an individual can store the inanimate object in question within his body. I do NOT however, make them to the press, nor would I do so knowing that I represent my organization.

If you're stupid and you know it, keep your mouth shut around journalists and microphones.

Also, BigJosh and Hazzard, this may or may not help you sort your difference of opinions. I feel he is fully entitled to this opinion. That entitlement is part of his rights as an American. HOWEVER, that right only extends to the point where it infringes on the rights of another. That whole, life, liberty, pursuit of happyness business. And yes, there is a certain expectation of crude behavior from football players, but again, they may have to just gag the stupid ones in public to prevent spillage.
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote