Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!
Default Inspiration

Most of you know that I am a special education teacher in a high school. I would be telling a lie if i didnt tell you that some days are pretty rough and frustrating. Everyone has issues in life, ups and downs, things go wrong, feel like they are getting the short end of the stick, whatever. Well I had a young lady graduate this semester with a normal high school diploma. She is eligible to go to a four year university, but will be going to a local community college. I want to give you a little back ground on her.

This young lady finished high school at 20 years old. She was born with fetal alcohol syndrome, MS, which lead to a cognitive heart issue. She was physically abused by her family, and her mother is currently in prison for other crimes. No father to speak of, and was raised by a friend of the family. Doctors have told her she will not be able to walk much longer, but refuses to use a wheel chair. Strong winds can knock her down, she can hardly lift a book, yet carries her own book bag.

She never seems down on life, always walked in my door with a smile on her face. Was happy to discuss her physical issues with anyone who was interested. She is no push over either. If you say something she disagrees with, she will let you know!

Finally on her last day of class I had to tell her. She really was an inspiration to me, and that if she can get up happy and ready to attack the day each day, then I sure as hell can to!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0042.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	456.3 KB
ID:	7102  

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links