Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #21
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

The goat vs. the Tannhauser, a trans-Atlantic showdown between a Yankee conservative and a Blighty liberal. In one corner wearing Red White and Blue trunks we have the stubborn pot bellied patriot and in the other wearing the Union Jack trunks we have a smooth wonky nutter.

Will the yankee bull his way through or will Tann " The Tanker" Hauser pull one out for the Queen.

Its the plodder against the stylist, Let's get ready to rumble

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
CZERWIEC
Brawn
Points: 1,591, Level: 22 Points: 1,591, Level: 22 Points: 1,591, Level: 22
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: many years
Training Type: Strongman
CZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good posts

My same thoughts, Holyfield duability conditioning of Ali minus speed of Ali, an not enough power for Foreman, Frazier etc..Also have to remeber guys of pre80's would have been much heavier cause of training, nutrition etc...230 was a huge heavyweight back then
CZERWIEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #23
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
How about this one: prime Lennox Lewis against prime Larry Holmes?
LOVE this fight. For me, Lewis was an underrated champion during his tenure and only got his due after he retired. Actually, you could say the same for Holmes! Both fighters had terrific jabs and big power shots but for me Holmes was a little better at everything: Better jab, more power (arguable) and better chin (how the hell did he get up from that Ernie Shavers punch?) and would consistently beat Lewis to the punch to win via late stoppage or a clear points decision.

Who wins between Joe Louis and Tyson/Ali/Frazier/Foreman? (pick any one). For the record, I would place Louis in the top 5 heavyweights ever.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
The goat vs. the Tannhauser, a trans-Atlantic showdown between a Yankee conservative and a Blighty liberal. In one corner wearing Red White and Blue trunks we have the stubborn pot bellied patriot and in the other wearing the Union Jack trunks we have a smooth wonky nutter.

Will the yankee bull his way through or will Tann " The Tanker" Hauser pull one out for the Queen.

Its the plodder against the stylist, Let's get ready to rumble

Smooth wonky nutter. That's me. I don't own anything with a Union Jack on it, though.

I think pulling one out for the Queen is treasonous?

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100

Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
LOVE this fight. For me, Lewis was an underrated champion during his tenure and only got his due after he retired. Actually, you could say the same for Holmes! Both fighters had terrific jabs and big power shots but for me Holmes was a little better at everything: Better jab, more power (arguable) and better chin (how the hell did he get up from that Ernie Shavers punch?) and would consistently beat Lewis to the punch to win via late stoppage or a clear points decision.

Who wins between Joe Louis and Tyson/Ali/Frazier/Foreman? (pick any one). For the record, I would place Louis in the top 5 heavyweights ever.
Agree entirely with your assessment about Lewis, but I think he would have narrowly beaten Holmes.

Joe Louis - I haven't seen many of his fights, but I know how highly he is rated. I think that as a guy from an earlier era, he's slightly underpowered against most of those guys. He fought at just over 200 lbs - I think that's too light to trouble Foreman. I think he would outclass Frazier, however. Against Tyson and Ali, I've no idea. My gut instinct is that Tyson would be too much for Louis (I know, it's heresy).

Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #26
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Agree entirely with your assessment about Lewis, but I think he would have narrowly beaten Holmes.

Joe Louis - I haven't seen many of his fights, but I know how highly he is rated. I think that as a guy from an earlier era, he's slightly underpowered against most of those guys. He fought at just over 200 lbs - I think that's too light to trouble Foreman. I think he would outclass Frazier, however. Against Tyson and Ali, I've no idea. My gut instinct is that Tyson would be too much for Louis (I know, it's heresy).
Heresy indeed!! How dare you?
Actually Louis fought at 210-215 many times and the young version of Foreman often weighed in below 230 (he was 220 against Ali). The prime Tyson was also around 215-220. I think prime Louis beats them all barring Ali. For me, prime Ali was close to heavyweight perfection, shame he lost years because of his ban.

I agree that Louis would outclass the great smokin' Joe and I also think he would be too smart for Big George and Tyson. I'm one of those who believes Tyson is a tad overrated. His best win is probably his demolition of Mike Spinks who was, by all accounts, bricking it pre-fight. Looking through the rest of his resume, there are many solid heavyweights in there (better than today's sorry lot) but nothing amazing. Now granted, Tyson could only beat what was in front of him but I'd have him losing against a whole bunch of heavyweights based on the fact that they would not bottle it when faced with him. Take away the fear factor, and you're left with a power punching fighter who lacks the finesse and ring intelligence of all-time greats.

When I say overrated, I mean that Tyson was a great heavyweight, just not an all-time great one.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Man, on his good days, Lennox delivered some terrific shots:

Old 03-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #28
CZERWIEC
Brawn
Points: 1,591, Level: 22 Points: 1,591, Level: 22 Points: 1,591, Level: 22

Training Exp: many years
Training Type: Strongman
CZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good posts

I wish Lewis wouldn't of advoided a Klitschko rematch, seemed he didn't want anymore of that
CZERWIEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #29
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Vitali Klitschko (sp?) vs Holyfield.

Klitschko gets a lot of criticism, but I think he's pretty formidable. Huge guy that uses his size and weight well, I think I'm right in saying he's never seen the canvas, and a pulverising jab. He may never have really been tested given the calibre of his opponents, but that's not his fault.

He lost on a stoppage by Lewis, but that fight showed that he wasn't phased by some real power (an out of shape Lewis still hits like a train).

I think Holyfield's best tactic would be the usual one of butting, looking for a cut. Other than that, I think Vitali is simply too big and too awkward for him.

Thoughts?