Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!
Default Wow. Great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
stupid liberals: Lets not go after the reason but rather the means:

Eric harris age 17 (first on zoloft then luvox) and dylan klebold aged 18 (columbine school shooting in littleton, colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold's medical records have never been made available to the public.
this list should be sent to every congressperson and senator and the media....

Maybe overwhelming indicators will prompt a saner and more thorough approach to solving the issue of minors and younger people killing others....
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

I sent Bill's list of info to every Senator and Congressperson in my state (a few would not take emails as I was not in their district) as well as 3 news channels.

My thoughts are these:

Kids are being hurt (at both ends of the gun) and it needs attention.

2nd amendment rights are being threatened when the issues run much deeper

The drugs listed should probably be illegal for under 21, and appear to have psychotic and profound affects on minors and/or certain people.

The drugs aren't working!

If it's not the drugs, these kids need help in a form that prevents the tragedies.

If a child/family were told the drug would help and it doesn't, you can see how depressing that could be to an already troubled person.

And, just a musing here...if a teenager thinks life is pointless and painful, it's possible that (in their mind) killing children before they have to suffer is an act of mercy. Twisted and naive, but a possibility.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

look at the reasons why these drugs are prescribed for kids. example,Ritilian: over active child.

i think parents drug their kids up as an excuse not to be better parents. If your kid is overactive, or doesnt pay attention, maybe you should find a better activity for them instead of putting them in front of the tv or video games. Maybe the child just hates what he is learning in school or the pace is too slow.

My parents put me in front of video games at the age of 6 or 7. I used to play for hours on end. Results....i had fun playing video games. I can't sit through a book and hated classes that i found boring, yet i excelled in classes that i enjoyed. should i have been on drugs for that?
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #14
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

Default tongue-in-cheek

Don't let responsible adults save their money, get a background check and then purchase (an often registered and usually semi-auto) gun!

Let 18 year olds just show up and have the government pay (with taxpayer money) to give them the most powerful weapons in the world!

Wait, does the government like guns or not? Maybe only when they have total control of them....like the Caesars tried to have with their armies to ensure their power.

Wait, isn't "caesar" the same as "kaiser" and "king?"

Wait, it's only ok when a king with total control gives weapons to those he chooses?

I'm confused. I thought it was free men with guns that undid the tyranny of kings that used superior weaponry to oppress the common man?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-15-humor-2[1].jpg
Views:	45
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	6976  
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #15
old_dude
-- Infinite Labs Rep --
Brawn
Points: 2,956, Level: 33 Points: 2,956, Level: 33 Points: 2,956, Level: 33
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: >35
Training Type: Bodybuilding
old_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good postsold_dude has made some very good posts

www ebaumsworld com/video/watch/83021131/
The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed! - Video
(sorry, can't post URL links yet)

Give the above link a go and what do you think? Cover-up by the extreme left, liberal media? It was reported, then you never hear about any of this. For those that don't have the time to watch part of this 30-minute video compilation, Adam Lanza was not alone in Newton, CT. He didn't even use the AR-15 he stole from his mother after killing her -- it was found in his trunk! Also, one of the "grieving" parents is shown laughing it up, then re-composing himself right before the interview and getting real emotionally sad.

Now, Obama is using these elementary children during his propaganda speech to issue gun restriction (regulation/control).

The problem is that none of these measures would have changed the outcome. All this does is make it harder for law-abiding citizens to get what they are entitled to (2nd amendment). Criminals don't usually go to the store and buy guns -- they get them from others on the street. Sure, they may have one or two friends who purchase them that have no record and then sell them to their criminal friends. This proposed legislation does nothing except demonize the law-abiding gun advocate.

www.infinitelabs.com
www.iamjuggernaut.com
old_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

Has anyone checked prices on AR15s lately? Sheesh!
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dude View Post
www ebaumsworld com/video/watch/83021131/
The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed! - Video
(sorry, can't post URL links yet)

Give the above link a go and what do you think? Cover-up by the extreme left, liberal media? It was reported, then you never hear about any of this. For those that don't have the time to watch part of this 30-minute video compilation, Adam Lanza was not alone in Newton, CT. He didn't even use the AR-15 he stole from his mother after killing her -- it was found in his trunk! Also, one of the "grieving" parents is shown laughing it up, then re-composing himself right before the interview and getting real emotionally sad.

Now, Obama is using these elementary children during his propaganda speech to issue gun restriction (regulation/control).

The problem is that none of these measures would have changed the outcome. All this does is make it harder for law-abiding citizens to get what they are entitled to (2nd amendment). Criminals don't usually go to the store and buy guns -- they get them from others on the street. Sure, they may have one or two friends who purchase them that have no record and then sell them to their criminal friends. This proposed legislation does nothing except demonize the law-abiding gun advocate.
The whole situation was reported very very badly. I think they found a shotgun in his truck.

also, that father who was laughing, then working hard on the cameras: i found that odd, but then again, everyone handles situations differently. He did come out of a room with several people, so there could have been some light-hearted moments. as for him even being able to give an interview the next day, again, people handle situations differently, and in this case, he is among dozens of parents going through this tragedy. Had it just been him, then his emotional state would likely be different.

I do think the govt is using this to push an agenda, however i don't know what that agenda is. They could be trying to disarm citizens, or they could be using this to push sales for the biggest commodity the US has to offer: weapons, or this could simply be a distraction from the real issues this country faces.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
ffemtny
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributor

To all,
Don't sleep on getting involved, as a New Yorker I just became the owner of weapons I now can no longer transfer, mags I need to get rid of in a year, and subject to background checks and registration , not only on firearms but also ammunition, literally overnight!!! Am not in panic mode yet as I hope there will be many legal challenges to this law but when the time comes I will sell or transfer my weapons to someone outside of New York stateand endeavour to get proficient with whatever the law allows be it shotgun or bolt action rifle for as long as the powers that be deem those allowable whilst working on convincing the wife we need to move to a free state. In the meantime am spreading the word that all gun owners should opt out of working overtime that is taxed at a higher rate, skip some luxuries for a while, don't buy a new car etc. as for the most part law abiding gun owners are working to support a lot of people sitting on their asses , drinking the liberal agenda kool-aid, and benefitting more from my hard work then my family does. The sooner we all do it , the sooner we can sit back and watch shit fall to pieces under the weight of its own excess.
ffemtny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #19
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtny View Post
To all,
Don't sleep on getting involved, as a New Yorker I just became the owner of weapons I now can no longer transfer, mags I need to get rid of in a year, and subject to background checks and registration , not only on firearms but also ammunition, literally overnight!!! Am not in panic mode yet as I hope there will be many legal challenges to this law but when the time comes I will sell or transfer my weapons to someone outside of New York stateand endeavour to get proficient with whatever the law allows be it shotgun or bolt action rifle for as long as the powers that be deem those allowable whilst working on convincing the wife we need to move to a free state. In the meantime am spreading the word that all gun owners should opt out of working overtime that is taxed at a higher rate, skip some luxuries for a while, don't buy a new car etc. as for the most part law abiding gun owners are working to support a lot of people sitting on their asses , drinking the liberal agenda kool-aid, and benefitting more from my hard work then my family does. The sooner we all do it , the sooner we can sit back and watch shit fall to pieces under the weight of its own excess.
I was a NYer until April 2012 when I moved to CO.
One of the top reasons I love it here is the gun-related freedoms.

In NY, they wouldn't even let you hold a handgun in a store if you didn't have a permit already. A permit was 6 months and up to $500.

In CO, I can fondle any weapon any store sells, and buy a handgun without a permit for no additional charge.

Why so different?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #20
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

" Why so different" - The state's right to govern themselves. .....

and apparently, New York is run by liberal idiots - The Knee Jerk Nazis