Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #11
Kyle Aaron
community gym PT
Brawn
Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: milk
Kyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machine

I have a gym at home, but usually work out at my gym where I do PT.

The fact that few really push themselves doesn't help. However, I do have the motivation of setting an example to clients and gym members who will of course be watching me.

Certainly the music is crap, nobody ever set a personal best while Alicia Keys was playing. But since I work there I can just go and turn it off before a big set.

However, I only lift for general health, if I were a more serious lifter there are one or two other places I'd go to instead.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #12
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

i go to a semi commerical gym... its an Army gym on the base, i have been going there for 5 years now. i like it because it has everything i need, plus i have gotten used to where everything is. i always feel funny going to a different gym, because you dont know where the equipment is or the layout, so that screws with the flow of my work out.
I do have some issues with te gym i go to, first of all about3 years ago they outlawwed chalk, that made me mad... there is no music in the gym, so you have to wear an ipod, so that sucks.
Funny thing of me is i have about 450-500 pounds of weight here at the house, with a bench and small rack, but i have found that if i dont get out and go to the gym, i end up comming up with excuses and dont work out... the youngest boy always has something he needs me to help him with or i see something on the boob tube... so i dont workout at the house.... Maybe in the spring when i get my new shop put up across the street, i will move the weights over there and maybe i can get some workouts done over there... we will see
Old 01-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #13
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
i go to a semi commerical gym... its an Army gym on the base, i have been going there for 5 years now. i like it because it has everything i need, plus i have gotten used to where everything is. i always feel funny going to a different gym, because you dont know where the equipment is or the layout, so that screws with the flow of my work out.
If it ain't broke...

Quote:
I do have some issues with te gym i go to, first of all about3 years ago they outlawwed chalk, that made me mad... there is no music in the gym, so you have to wear an ipod, so that sucks.
does your gym have a "judgment free zone" too?

Quote:
Funny thing of me is i have about 450-500 pounds of weight here at the house, with a bench and small rack,
Well, you can't workout with warm up weights!

Quote:
but i have found that if i dont get out and go to the gym, i end up comming up with excuses and dont work out... the youngest boy always has something he needs me to help him with or i see something on the boob tube... so i dont workout at the house....
Kids...they ruin everything!

Quote:
Maybe in the spring when i get my new shop put up across the street, i will move the weights over there and maybe i can get some workouts done over there... we will see
That would be cool! Hope it "works out!"
Old 01-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
Credz
Uber Brawn
Points: 757, Level: 14 Points: 757, Level: 14 Points: 757, Level: 14

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: T-Bar Rows
Fav Supp: Juggernaut
Credz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributorCredz is a consistent contributor

I used to go to a Gym for 3 years. Then I got my own apartment and to save money started working out at home and I actually have seen better results in leanness, size and strength with just buying stuff I need/want over time. I have a nice home gym now

Visit Infinite Labs on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

https://twitter.com/FightersPower
Credz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #15
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
does your gym have a "judgment free zone" too?

Well, you can't workout with warm up weights!

Kids...they ruin everything!

That would be cool! Hope it "works out!"
Nope there are signs posted that say no grunting, yelling, or other inapproprate noises.... no one has ever said anything to me, the ocassional grunt doesn't raise any issues... They don't tell me to be quiet when im deadlifting or squating... when deadlifting the weight bumps off the ground, and while squating i use the safety bars as a guide for depth... when the BB hits the bars i go back up.... so they are pretty good about not saying anything as long as your not screaming and hollaring!!!

Im putting up a 30x50 shop across the street from my house in the spring, i am considering sectioning off a 30x 10-15 space to use for the weights... we will see when it see done