Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Weightlifters Warehouse (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12171)

bruteforce 01-11-2013 12:39 PM

Weightlifters Warehouse

Anybody had an experience with these folks? Website here. Olympic Plates, Bars, Sets, Collars

Prices seem too good to be true. I'll give them a call today to see if there is at least someone at the other end of the phone, and to figure out shipping costs. Just curious if anyone has heard of them, dealt with them before.

bruteforce 01-11-2013 12:55 PM

Update, apparently google pulled up an out of date page for me. This is their current one. Olympic Plates
Still a good deal, but not quite as epic

Hunterace 01-11-2013 01:00 PM

You don't have a used sports equiptment store nearby? Up here we have "play it agai sports". Got myself a bunch of used plates half price, and the ones I got are and look as good as the new ones I've ordered in the past. The only ones I didn't find there was the 100lb plates, which I got from Walmart. They were the cheapest I found em at the time with shipping.

bruteforce 01-11-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterace (Post 311000)
You don't have a used sports equiptment store nearby? Up here we have "play it agai sports". Got myself a bunch of used plates half price, and the ones I got are and look as good as the new ones I've ordered in the past. The only ones I didn't find there was the 100lb plates, which I got from Walmart. They were the cheapest I found em at the time with shipping.

Good idea. There used to be one out here, I'll have to see if they moved or something.

Hunterace 01-11-2013 01:31 PM

It wasn't too long ago, but I'm pretty sure I paid 130 for 6 45lb plates, all are just as good as new ones. There are pics i took of the condition over at the other place in the new purchaces thread and my log there. I even asked the owner if they were used or if someone accidentally put them in the wrong pile, he said nope used :)WIN!

bruteforce 01-11-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterace (Post 311015)
It wasn't too long ago, but I'm pretty sure I paid 130 for 6 45lb plates, all are just as good as new ones. There are pics i took of the condition over at the other place in the new purchaces thread and my log there. I even asked the owner if they were used or if someone accidentally put them in the wrong pile, he said nope used :)WIN!

Nice. I got some dumbells like that back in california. Closest play it again is 2 hours away, but I'll give them a call and see what they've got. Might be worth the drive.

Hunterace 01-11-2013 01:37 PM

If they have a decent ammount of stock, it's totally worth it. Even with the high gas prices, I'm pretty sure you'd still save a substantial ammount!

1morerep 01-11-2013 02:07 PM

ck also craigslist. I just get almos 500lbs for $200. Most 45lbs plates which is good.

bamazav 01-11-2013 03:33 PM

Second Craigslist. Big military pop here, when transfers hit so do the deals

bruteforce 01-11-2013 03:49 PM

I live in BFE. Been checking craigslist here for almost 3 years and nothing.