Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Vent, Live Longer (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12019)

BendtheBar 12-26-2012 10:23 PM

Vent, Live Longer
 
Expressing Anger Can Add Two Years to Person's Lifespan : Healthy Living : Medical Daily

Quote:

A new study revealed that being hot-tempered and expressing your anger could be a key to enjoying a long and healthy life.
Quote:

Researchers Marcus Mund and Kristin Mitte at the University of Jena in Germany claim that the latest findings may explain why the hotheaded Italians and Spanish live almost two years longer than the cool English who "keep calm and carry on".

They found that exhibiting self-restraint and holding back negative emotions could have serious repercussions for a person's physical and mental well-being.

After analyzing more than 6,000 patients, Mund and Mitte found that people who internalized their anxiety suffered from an elevated pulse.
Researchers say that over time, raised pulse can result in high blood pressure and increase a person's risk of developing a wide range of conditions from heart disease to cancer, kidney damage and more.
The new study, published in the journal Health Psychologies, reveals that a group of so-called "repressors" are particularly at risk.


Fazc 12-26-2012 10:51 PM

Hazzard, you're fat and an englishman doing american football is queer.

I do feel better!

BendtheBar 12-27-2012 08:33 AM

See, you just extended your life.

5kgLifter 12-27-2012 10:40 AM

In a married setting, however, there is a weirder twist:

If a wife keeps things to herself she risks worse health but if she offloads them onto hubby she puts his health at risk; lose-lose situation right there. :(


I saw it in a similar study, years ago.

Off Road 12-27-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 305414)
If a wife keeps things to herself she risks worse health but if she offloads them onto hubby she puts his health at risk; lose-lose situation right there. :(


I saw it in a similar study, years ago.

That is why women live longer. I have witnessed that the bad treatment of husbands get exponentially worse after the kids grow up and move out of the house., quickening the man's trip to the grave. And we won't even get into menopause :)

5kgLifter 12-27-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 305419)
That is why women live longer. I have witnessed that the bad treatment of husbands get exponentially worse after the kids grow up and move out of the house., quickening the man's trip to the grave. And we won't even get into menopause :)

Some women ;) I don't have a go at hubby...:march:

Off Road 12-27-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 305430)
Some women ;) I don't have a go at hubby...:march:

My wife as great too. . . but she hasn't hit menopause and my kids still are young. Tick. . .Tick. . .Tick. . ,

5kgLifter 12-27-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 305433)
My wife as great too. . . but she hasn't hit menopause and my kids still are young. Tick. . .Tick. . .Tick. . ,

Yeah, I kinda dreading that too :( it can't be far off for me and I hear that perimenopause can last around 10 years...not even sure I've hit that yet :)

LtL 12-27-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 305322)
Hazzard, you're fat and an englishman doing american football is queer.

I do feel better!

I think we should call it American Soccer.

BendtheBar 12-27-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 305460)
I think we should call it American Soccer.

http://www.andybudd.com/presentation...mages/what.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.