Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Years Resolutions (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12017)

Fazc 12-26-2012 04:49 PM

New Years Resolutions

I like to set New Years resolutions, things I would like to add to my week or new things I want to try. Perhaps improvements of some kind, usually life, career and family stuff as well as lifting-related things.

Anyone have any fun, interesting New Years resolutions to share?

5kgLifter 12-26-2012 04:55 PM

I'm going to learn to play the mountain dulcimer :)

BendtheBar 12-26-2012 05:27 PM

My big one is to write a lifting book. I also want to do a bench press programs book.

Cook 80% of nights. Really getting into the whole cooking thing.

Squatter 12-26-2012 07:37 PM

Well, I have no bad habits to break, so mine is to just help Mrs Squatter out more around the house since she has been doing more than her fair share this past year. Cleaning and renovating my mom's house after she passed and training for meets and with the Crew has usually left me too beat up to help much. This has certainly led me to think of some of the sacrifices we and our loved ones make to help us achieve our goals.:)

Goat 12-26-2012 07:46 PM

To be a kinder gentler stronger Goat.

moeheep 12-26-2012 09:45 PM

Win the "Florida Senior Games Powerlifting Meet" in December

Listen to my kids (adults now) points of view with an open mind.

leefarley 12-27-2012 04:58 AM

i have no habits to break as i am teetotal so i want to be able to train with no injuries or illness and i am going to be a daddy again next year due date is the 7th june.So i just need to stay fit and healthy. :)

LtL 12-27-2012 05:17 AM

Being sick for the last month of the year has made me think I want to work harder to stay healthy: more sleep, better diet, a more sensible approach to things.

Tannhauser 12-27-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 305258)
I'm going to learn to play the mountain dulcimer :)

That's fantastic! The first thing that came into my head when I read that was this Joni Mitchell performance (see below). This is an Appalachian Dulcimer, which I think is the same thing:

5kgLifter 12-27-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannhauser (Post 305387)
That's fantastic! The first thing that came into my head when I read that was this Joni Mitchell performance (see below). This is an Appalachian Dulcimer, which I think is the same thing:

Yep, she is great on the dulcimer, apparently she tuned to lots of varying modes and didn't stick with the standardised set-ups, of which there is a decent amount as well.

With the dulcimer, I also like the fact that people are branching out and exploring differing styles, such as the following, showing that a lot is possible...I managed to get several tunes out of mine already and that was on the first playing and I'm not even musical :rockon: