Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
thumpinos
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

thumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good posts
Default New gun laws

Here is the headline:

White House: Obama would support new gun laws - POLITICO.com

Quote:
President Obama "strongly" supports the renewal of the assault weapons ban and would back new gun legislation, the White House said Tuesday
Old 12-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I love it when people use tragedy to step up their agendas. At least the NRA has went silent for a while to give an ample amount of time for a community and a country to heal. It's obviously an issue that will have to be hashed-out but I think it would be appropriate to let the dust settle a bit.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

The Canadian Government shoved a gun registry down our throats a few years ago that really was a miserable billion dollar bust. I do think Canada has stricter gun laws than the US, but I doubt they would prevent a similar tragedy. The semi automatic weapon he used is available here, but is more difficult to get legally than in the US. Again, he stole the gun from his mother who had them legally.

I really think a step in the right direction to help prevent similar tragedy's in the future is to make access to pshychiatric care easier and available to those that need it and for society to not attach a stigma to it.

I also think the media has to look at how they report these events. They have to make it not look sensational such as not showing swat teams running around. I honestly think that other Adam lanza's out there see that sort of action and it gives them a rush and just inspires them even more to act out their own revenge against the world.

Just my thoughts at the moment.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

well said Squatter..........
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns".....nuff said.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

I'm a fence sitter when it comes to gun laws... But, as a former armorer in the United States Marine Corps, I know the AR-15 style weapon very well. It's a platform for multiple different models from different companies. Even if it is sold as a semi, it is very easy to modify the trigger mech to make it full auto.

My biggest problem with any gun, is how easy it is to get. Walmart should not be selling guns, plain and simple. They should be available at specialty shops only, and with all background laws being followed. To see a rack of AR-15-like weapons just sitting in the middle of fishing rods and skateboards isn't something I would want any kid walking by.

I should stop here before I write a book... Again, I like to shoot, but I think the hardcore gun-lovers are a bit crazy at times. There will be no zombie apocolypse.

Last thing, none of this matters. End of the world on Friday.. lol
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I'm all for limiting gun purchases for anyone who is taking drugs for personality issues. I'm sure this is a complex issue, so I might be speaking out of my league, but if you're seeking help for personality disorders and popping meds I'm not sure you should be owning guns.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm all for limiting gun purchases for anyone who is taking drugs for personality issues. I'm sure this is a complex issue, so I might be speaking out of my league, but if you're seeking help for personality disorders and popping meds I'm not sure you should be owning guns.
I agree, but "normal", law abiding citizens should be able to own what they want. Arm more people and the "nuts" won't get off so many shots before they're dropped. If there were 4-5 armed teachers in each school, much of this would have been prevented. I'm not saying it should be mandantory for teachers to carry, but get some volunteers in each school. I don't care if it's the janitor, but someone has to protect the kids. Outlawing guns is NOT the answer. Isn't herion and cocaine illegal??? It's still available to those that want to break the law.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #9
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Im sick of the generic term "assault weapon", its a semi auto weapon. Not full auto that soooo many people believe. I can take a bolt action .223, .308, etc and probably hit my target center mass accurately with one round then the average nut job "spraying" with an assault version. I have several AR and AK platforms that LOOK ike the military version and that is where the similarities end. F#cking liberals are the nut jobs.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.

Last edited by gaspers04; 12-18-2012 at 07:47 PM.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
I agree, but "normal", law abiding citizens should be able to own what they want. Arm more people and the "nuts" won't get off so many shots before they're dropped. If there were 4-5 armed teachers in each school, much of this would have been prevented. I'm not saying it should be mandantory for teachers to carry, but get some volunteers in each school. I don't care if it's the janitor, but someone has to protect the kids. Outlawing guns is NOT the answer. Isn't herion and cocaine illegal??? It's still available to those that want to break the law.
Code:
BendtheBar I'm all for limiting gun purchases for anyone who is taking drugs for personality issues.
I'm "normal" Zoloft in fact and have weapons. I would be more concerned with someone who is not medicated that should be.

I think that if we protect our money, jewels, uranium, ect with armed guards why not our children. I would rather see volunteers, but don't think there will be enough.

My favorite example of gun control failure is Mexico, illegal for citizens to own. That leaves one of the most corrupt Governments on the planet and the cartels running things. No Thanks.

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country.One is by the sword.The other is by debt. - John Adams
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote