Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Dallas Cowboys and Drunk Driving

Cowboys mull device to immobilize players' cars

Quote:
Hill said the team could mandate that Cowboys players have electronic devices designed to immobilize vehicles when a driver is impaired. The device, SafeKey, includes a small fob that is attached to the key ring, which sends electronic signals to a complementary device that can prevent a vehicle from starting if a driver doesn't pass a test based on color-coded light emissions.

"We are considering that," Hill said.

So what do you think folks?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

How is this even necessary?!
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I guess for me the question is...at what point do you become property?

How far do employer rights go?

Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I am almost of the opinion that a device like that be mandatory in every car. People just are not getting the message. Just a couple of days ago, a young man in early 20's was hit head on after the drunk side wiped 2 other cars. Of course the drunk lives and the innocent young up and coming mechanic dies.

The carange just continues. No end or decrease in sight.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I am almost of the opinion that a device like that be mandatory in every car. People just are not getting the message. Just a couple of days ago, a young man in early 20's was hit head on after the drunk side wiped 2 other cars. Of course the drunk lives and the innocent young up and coming mechanic dies.

The carange just continues. No end or decrease in sight.
Wisconsin is really bad. I've worked with more than a few repeaters.

Crazy thing is that the officers tend to work Sunday and Saturday mornings to soak up overtime, instead of Saturday night. Something is broken here.

If you drive to the grocery store at 10am on a Sunday morning you will see 2-3 cop cars every time. No lie. It's like a cash pipeline.

Anyway, I'd rather pay them to nail the drunks.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Hunterace
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Everything comes down to responsibility and consequences. Compared to years ago, no one is held responsible for anything. Excuses are made for every action, passing the buck instead of holding the person responsible. There's a murder, it's the guns fault! Drunk driving, the person has a disease! BS, there is no accountability or consequences for anything anymore. Until we get back to placing blame on the criminal that committed the crime , and they actually get punished severely, avoidable things like this will keep happening.
My opinion and two cents

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I think the key is prevention. Drunk drivers simply are not usually able to think of the consequences of their actions. I know there are several programs in place, especially during the holidays. One of them is a volunteer group who will drive the drinker home in his/her own vehicle. The thing is tho it has to be reserved in advance. If people know they are going to be drinking away from home, they have to plan to get home safely & legally before they drink.

Just recently, the law changed here and anyone caught driving with a blood alcohol level of even under .08 will have their car seized on the spot and license suspended for aperiod of time.

Personally, I despise booze. Both my parents were alcoholcs and drove drunk with us kids in the car several times. Even after Mom quit and then became an AA sponser, I saw firsthand hundreds and hundreds of lives and families that booze destroyed. My best friend's dad committed suicide with a bottle in his hand soon after I left the house after playing with my friend. He was an alcoholic my mom was trying to help.

I know many people enjoy drinking responsibly and I applaud them for it. It's just that the damn stuff is so f*cking addictive. It's like a potato chip - you just can't stop at 1.

Just my 2 cents on a very emotional topic for me. Every day I thank the lord that none of us 3 kids became alcoholics. It is the 1 think Mom was most proud of.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

The thing is you can have motor related accidents due to drink, medication, mobile phone use, cigarette smoking, coffee drinking, arguing with passengers, doing make-up...people behind a wheel should be more aware, including people on other forms of transport cycles, motorbikes, where medication can be dangerous.

I recall almost going headlong into opposing traffic because I wasn't smart enough to realise that I should not have been on a bicycle with labyrinthitis; looked around to check behind me, felt okay, had veered almost into the other lane...that was damn close and both me and the driver of the other car were in shock, never again...sometimes we just don't realise how dangerous even a simple thing is.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
The thing is you can have motor related accidents due to drink, medication, mobile phone use, cigarette smoking, coffee drinking, arguing with passengers, doing make-up...people behind a wheel should be more aware, including people on other forms of transport cycles, motorbikes, where medication can be dangerous.

I recall almost going headlong into opposing traffic because I wasn't smart enough to realise that I should not have been on a bicycle with labyrinthitis; looked around to check behind me, felt okay, had veered almost into the other lane...that was damn close and both me and the driver of the other car were in shock, never again...sometimes we just don't realise how dangerous even a simple thing is.
True that is Babs. I am glad you managed to survive the close call

Recently here, a distracted driving law came into effect. I am not sure how effective it is tho, because it is engrained in people's mind that it is rude to not respond to text's right away. I see it all the time - people texting while driving. Even pedestrian's do it while crossing the street!

I think tho that booze related accidents are the most loathed tho.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

I refuse to read the article. Dumb athletes strike again! Sad part is the NFL has an agreement with a pick up company. Any NFL player, at any time, can call and be picked up and have their car driven home. It also has a complete confidentiality agreement to it.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote