Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Chicks dig skinny men (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11863)

BendtheBar 12-06-2012 09:51 AM

Chicks dig skinny men

Posting for discussion.

Apparently This Matters: Chicks dig skinny guys - CNN.com

Quote:

The study, first published in Proceedings of the Royal Society B and later reported in LiveScience, quickly became a popular read throughout the Internet after it sort of debunked the idea that most women are instinctively drawn to guys who posses "evolved" macho features. Or what you might call PBM: Protective Boyfriend Material.

This, of course, doesn't necessarily mean that ladies aren't attracted to masculinity, but the recent findings by Vinet Coetzee of the University of Pretoria in South Africa simply suggest women might subconsciously focus first on a man's weight -- or lack thereof -- before rejecting him for other reasons.
Ladies Prefer Thin Over Macho, Study Suggests | LiveScience

Quote:

"We found that a manís weight serves as a better indicator of the relationship between immune response and attractiveness than masculinity does," Coetzee said. "It is therefore more likely that Latvian women use weight, rather than masculinity, in their subconscious judgments of a manís immunity."

Hunterace 12-06-2012 10:03 AM

Interesting read. There is a study for everything now, one day this the next study it's that. All that being said, I'm not surprised that in this study women prefer less fat guys:rolleyes:! But reguardless of looks, health, whatever....if you have nothing good on the inside, you've got nothing at all!

Jen 12-06-2012 10:11 AM

Um. No. That is all.

bruteforce 12-06-2012 10:11 AM

Latvian women dig skinny dudes huh? Guess I'm not going there.

In my experience, certain cultures value certain things. The Laotian and Hmong girls I know want a man that can fight off a tiger, skin it, and make mad love to them on the new plush tiger rug. California girls wanted a skinny kid with a trust fund.

Generalizations, they're a gas.

Off Road 12-06-2012 10:24 AM

It's been my theory for a long time, I know I've posted it before. Women find other women to be SEXY, women have always been the fairer and sexier gender. Women are not afraid to say, "That woman is beautiful." This carries over to their view of what they want in their mates. Young men these days are only too happy to oblige with being thinner, wearing expensive designer clothing, getting manicures and $50 hair styles, wearing makeup, shaving their entire bodies, etc.

bamazav 12-06-2012 10:52 AM

Married, not planning to go to Latvia any time soon, so it really doesn't matter to me. Besides, I was a skinny, macho guy when my wife met me so I guess she got the best of both worlds. :D

BendtheBar 12-06-2012 10:53 AM

Survey couples that have been happily married for 30+ years, and see what women say...

Kuytrider 12-06-2012 11:12 AM

Guess I better not start bulking up after my cut then :)

I all have to say is 'Balls to Monty'

Anyone who goes for a certain 'look' to impress a girl rather than doing what they want is an asshat IMO. If you want abs, go and get them because you want them. If you want to be 70s big, go and do that etc.

'Some' women like skinner men much like 'some' women like large guys.

Fazc 12-06-2012 01:14 PM

Makes sense, I like ugly and horrendously obese women.

big_swede 12-06-2012 01:45 PM

Everyone below 200lbs is a woman.

:)