Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Today is MAB Pay it forward Day (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11783)

bamazav 11-28-2012 11:52 AM

Today is MAB Pay it forward Day

This thread is not for us to brag about our good works, but to share how our efforts to pay it forward were used to change lives for the good. Share what happened.

ricka182 11-28-2012 12:11 PM

***This is a post from the future***

Well, after winning the Powerball lottery, I decided to take the cash, pay my debts, and help a few freinds and family members. I then knew I had to donate some of my good-fortune. So I promptly wrote out checks in excess of $1 Million dollars to The Jimmy Fund, The Jimmy V Foundation, St. Judes, Shriners, and Livestrong. I also purchased a dedicated server and network operations center for MAB, the best forum on the web.

*No, I don't care about Lance cheating. Livestrong is still a top-notch org helping people.

bamazav 11-28-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricka182 (Post 296074)
***This is a post from the future***

Well, after winning the Powerball lottery, I decided to take the cash, pay my debts, and help a few freinds and family members. I then knew I had to donate some of my good-fortune. So I promptly wrote out checks in excess of $1 Million dollars to The Jimmy Fund, The Jimmy V Foundation, St. Judes, Shriners, and Livestrong. I also purchased a dedicated server and network operations center for MAB, the best forum on the web.

*No, I don't care about Lance cheating. Livestrong is still a top-notch org helping people.

I am glad to count you as a friend, I have even renamed our dog after you. :D

bamazav 11-28-2012 02:07 PM

Paid it forward at lunch today. Wasn't expecting anyone to know what I did, but two of the three had a huge smile and thanked me. Feltgoodman.jpg

xxgattlers 11-28-2012 02:16 PM

Just saw this on my break now. On my way out the door to go get shakes for everyone from McDonalds:)

mudrunner 11-28-2012 02:42 PM

Good to know. I will have to think of something to do for it:) Awesome day to have.

ricka182 11-28-2012 03:12 PM

On a more serious note, with nothing to do with me and my future winnings, or the lack of work I actually put into this...but I brought in cupcakes for the work folks, courtesy of my g/f. They went within minutes...

bamazav 11-29-2012 08:41 AM

I had no chicken or anything for lunch, so I went to KFC for the grilled chicken. Paid for three large drinks and told the cashier to give hem to he next three orders. Afterwards I thought, I should have bought his lunch too. Oh we'll, next time.

BendtheBar 11-29-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 296252)
I had no chicken or anything for lunch, so I went to KFC for the grilled chicken. Paid for three large drinks and told the cashier to give hem to he next three orders. Afterwards I thought, I should have bought his lunch too. Oh we'll, next time.

That's a really good idea with the drinks.

bamazav 11-29-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 296254)
That's a really good idea with the drinks.

I don't work in an office with others, am not a big fan of Starbucks, and was trying to eat low carb, all of that brought me to KFC. it was one of those Taco Bell/ KFC stores. Next time I will do something for the drive through people. It was kinda fun.